Chp 5

At the curb, a stranger sitting on a small black motorcycle started his bike getting ready to leave. As if on instinct I yelled, "HEY! WAIT!" The man, who was wearing a helmet, looked up to see me running with my dad right on my heels. Out of pure luck, for some reason he hesitated, and for some reason I jumped on the back of his bike. "GO GO!!" I yelled in a panic, he revved the engine twice and we were down the road just before my father reached us. I looked over my shoulder to see my father's figure become smaller and smaller.

We get about 4 blocks away before getting caught by a red light. He uses this opportunity to question me. He flips open the face shield on his blue and black helmet before speaking in a deep voice. "So, kid, why don't you explain to me what the hell is going on? Who the hell was that?" I see into his piercing, cold, silver eyes.

Before I could answer the light switched, illuminating us in a neon green glow. As we gained speed, I confess "U-um it was my father...."

Suddenly the brakes were hit and we pulled up to the curb. A car slammed its horn and zoomed by us as the man put the kickstand up and turned around in his seat. "Listen, kid, I'm not gonna help you run away from home, I thought he was some kidnapper or pedophile. Kid, I gotta take you back to your da-"

"NO, YOU CAN'T PLEASE!" I interrupted. "He's furious with me! I can't go back home I don't know what he'll do..." I pleaded with panicked eyes where salty tears slowly return.

"Tch, the hell did you say that got him so pissed off?" The man asks. My heart skips a beat.

Should I really tell this stranger my sexuality? I shake my head and respond truthfully, "I-I came out to him..... But the thing is, he's really religious....and he basically disowned me...." My shaky voice barely got out the words. The man sighs.

He stares at me, but his cold gaze turns away as if he was contemplating something. He finally breaks the silence. "Alright...here." he takes off his helmet finally revealing his face. Short hair, so dark you can compare it to the feathers of a Raven, laid over a clean undercut. His bangs fell just short of his thin eyes. Those eyes which were dull yet so vibrant. A silvery blue or grey is what I would describe them as.

I was caught up in admiring the man, but I was brought back to reality when he spoke. "So, kid, you wanna tell me your name and what the hell made you think to jump onto the back of a stranger's bike?" He rose an eyebrow.

I stuttered, "U-uh it's Eren! And I uhh don't really have an answer for the second one. It was just by coincidence you were even there." I explain, rubbing the back of my neck.    

He narrowed his eyes and continued to interrogate me, "How old are you kid?"

I rebelled, "First of all I'm not a kid, I'm turning 18 next week, also I just said my name was Eren."

He chuckles, "With that attitude, I think I'll call you brat instead heh." Before I could retaliate he slipped his helmet over my own head. "Does it fit?" He asks smoothly. I nod my head yes. He smirks and tilts his head to the side, "good" he says with a playful tone as he flips down the face mask suddenly. I flinch when the mask closes with a smack.

He turns back around and puts his hands on the handles. "So, brat, you got any friends you can stay with? Any other family?" I think for a second, I don't want to intrude on Armin and his grandpa right now, but Sasha's parents would never let me stay over, Connie is off on vacation for the weekend, Marco is probably working, there's no way I'm going to Jean, and Mikasa doesn't have anywhere I could sleep. Dammit, I really don't want to bug Armin but I guess I have no choice. I take my phone out of my pocket and find it dead. Of course. "My phone's dead can I use yours to call my friend?"