Chp 23

(Don't Play Song Yet!)

(Eren's P.O.V. ~ 5 Hours Earlier)

I hadn't left my bed for the entire day. Nor did I eat or sleep as I stared at the ceiling. Nothing will be the same again. For some reason the words my dad said at the church replayed in my mind.

~ ~ "You're just gonna get hurt if you go with him!" ~ ~

Dad, you were right. I was naive. I made a mistake coming here. I know everything you did was because you loved me, even if it was in terrible ways. All I did was cause pain here. I managed to break up two people, distract people from their jobs, make them worry for me, all the while hurting myself over some stupid feelings. I can't keep hurting them. It'll be better to just go.

Hopefully, my dad doesn't hate me. I'm done with this path, maybe if dad was right about this, he was right about everything. I was weak and fell for my desires.....I'll never be weak again.

I take out my duffel bag from my closet and fill it with most of my things. I leave the things that weren't needed. Pictures of all of us smiling, laughing, except for Levi of course. He always had a scowl or annoyed look. But I have to admit I've grown quite fond of it. Until my eyes land on one. It was a selfie Hanji took at graduation. Levi was looking at me and not at the camera. Why? I did not know. What I did know was he had the slightest of smiles, almost invisible but it was there. I sigh and flip the frame down on the dresser. Before I leave I write a quick note so at least they know I wasn't dead. There was no need for them to worry about me anymore.

I hung my keys on the hook and left. I take one final look at Levi's door and walk away. It was 4 in the morning do the building was deathly quiet. As I leave I pass the piano room. My eyes quickly glance in where one light was left on, illuminating the top page. Those words passed through my body sending pain through every cell. Reluctant Hero.

I walk out the front doors ending an era. Goodbye, everyone.

I place my earbuds in as I sit on the empty bus, destination Maria. My hometown. I stared out the window as the dark figures of trees and buildings passed. The sun hadn't come out yet, keeping the world in darkness.

The bus drops its only passenger at the bus stop at the town hall. Luckily my house is only a mile or so from here. I walk for what seemed like forever but I eventually reached my front door.

Knock

Knock

I step back gripping to the strap on my shoulder. He's probably still asleep. I knocked loudly to wake my father up.

After a few seconds of waiting the door opens, revealing the man's perplexed face.

"H-hi, Dad."

(Levi's P.O.V. ~ Present time)

Hanji and I stood in Eren's room. His drawers were empty and closet cleared out. The only things left were pictures on the dresser. I looked down at the note again, still unable to believe what was happening.

I'm going back home, you don't have to worry about me anymore.

It's for the best

Thank you for everything

Eren

Eren you dumbass!

"Tch." I gripped the note in my hands and swiftly crossed the hall into my apartment. I went straight to my room and grabbed my leather jacket. I then went to my office and find the papers I was searching for. I fold them carefully and stick them in my coat pocket.