Chp 8

"...Engaged."

How did I not notice the ring? I'm completely oblivious!

I close my mouth after realizing it was hanging open. "W-wow! You never mentioned anything about a relationship! Let alone a fiance!" I say cheerfully. I honestly was happy for him.

Levi scratches the back of his head, "Hmm?... You jealous?"

I blush slightly, "No! I'm just surprised you haven't mentioned him yet." Levi's intense and sorta flirty personality made me a bit nervous at times. I guess shy would be a better word for it. I can't say I've ever been in this situation. I've never been able to really talk with someone like me, let alone so openly. Obviously Levi has a lot more experience and confidence with himself so it's a little intimidating being as naive as I am. I'm not used to this sort of dynamic yet, but at the same time its exciting in a way. 

Levi shrugged his shoulders, "Never came up." 

"Well, it's up now so spill!" I sit up, crisscrossing my legs into a position facing Levi, and eagerly wait for him to explain his mystery man.

Levi's eyes widen, "Fine! Fine!"

I listen to him describe his fiance. His name was Erwin Smith, he was tall, blonde, had big eyebrows, but he was also kind and caring. He's a manager at a fancy restaurant in the city and only a few years older than Levi. They've been together for 5 years and I practically made Levi tell me the story of how they met and how Erwin proposed.

"Aww! He sounds great!" I smiled. "Wait, so whose place was this originally?" I ask.

Levi answers, "Mine. Erwin moved in with me because it's less expensive and closer to the restaurant than his was..." Suddenly the sound of a door opening interrupts Levi. A tall, handsome, blonde man walks into the room and sees us sitting on the couch chatting. When he notices me, his face becomes slightly confused but not negatively.

"And what is all this?" He speaks in an even deeper voice than Levi's.

"Hey babe, we were just talking about you!" Levi stands, "This is Eren, the kid I told you about last night?" I stand as Levi makes his way over to the very tall man and the blonde leans down and plants a quick kiss onto Levi. He looks back at me and smiles.

"Ahh, the runaway brat." He booms cheerfully, holding out his large hand.

Of course Levi referred to me as that. I shoot Levi a quick eye roll and grab Erwin's hand. He roughly shakes it which I'm not surprised by, based on his size I could tell he was strong, he must be at least six foot. He makes me look like a twig and Levi looks smaller than he already is next to him.

"It's nice to meet you Erwin!" I smile releasing his hand.

"You too Eren," Erwin turns to Levi, "You didn't tell me he was such a cutie! I might have some competition here haha. Hey Levi, if you don't want him, I'll take him." He laughs at my reddening face. 

Levi budges in, "Alright, don't make him faint."

"Haha, I'm just teasing the kid!" Erwin playfully laughs.

"He's not used to that yet, he only had his homo epiphany recently." Levi smirks at me, "He's still pure and innocent." I pout and fold my arms. 

Erwin plops down in the cushioned chair facing diagonally to the couch and I sit back down and Levi makes his way back next to me. He leans back in the corner of the sofa and crosses his legs, sighing.

After a few moments of semi-awkward silence, Levi speaks up. "So babe, Eren hasn't had the best day. He doesn't have anywhere to stay tonight so I offered that he stay here..."