Chp 13

I was laying in my bed playing on my phone, about to go to sleep when I got a text.

Levi: come upstairs

Huh? We're on the top floor

Me: what??

I look at the time. 10:50 pm.

Levi: the roof idiot come up to the roof

I get up and put on a sweatshirt and walk out of my room. Hanji was asleep on the couch so I was quiet in putting my shoes on. I grab my keys and head down the hall to the stairwell leading to the roof.

I open the door and the cool night air engulfs me. I look around and see two lawn chairs on the far side of the roof. A small lantern sat between the two on a small stool. I faintly see one chair occupied by a thin figure.

The door slams and it exposes my presence. "You gonna stand over there forever brat?"

I walk over and sit down in the empty chair. Levi sat with his laptop resting on his lap as he typed with effortless speed. A pair of thin, black, glasses sat low on his sharp nose. "I didn't know you wore glasses." I pointed out.

Without looking away from his laptop he added, "I only wear them for this." 

Suddenly the smell of smoke caught my attention. I look over again and notice a thin cigarette between his lips. A slight red glow from the burning end flickered in the dark. "....Or smoked," I mumble as he inhaled. 

His answer was hesitant as he blew out a small cloud of smoke. As he spoke the cigarette bounced up and down between his lips that held it in place, "Not often, maybe once every couple weeks at most. Stress relief and that shit." 

"So why are you up here so late?" I ask looking out at the city lights.

"I come up here to focus, plus I have a deadline Sunday that's not even close to being done." He spoke not slowing his typing.

"So if you wanted to focus why'd you ask me to come up?" I ask.

Levi suddenly stops and gives me raises an eyebrow to me, "Damn, I couldn't just want some company?"

"A-ah I didn't mean it that way!" I say flustered.

"Heh, so you ready for tomorrow?" Levi asks bringing his attention back to his computer.

"Um to be completely honest, I'm really nervous," I mumble.

"Why's that?"

"I'm not sure I'll get in," I admit quietly.

Levi shuts his laptop suddenly and turns towards me. "Are you kidding?"

I shake my head, "No it's just I haven't been playing my whole life like other kids that apply for this and I don't know if I'm good enough compared to them." I look up at Levi's very unamused face.

"Don't do that," Levi said coldly, "Don't ever doubt yourself."

I gasped slightly at his remark as a red tint formed on my ears.

"Seriously, if you keep thinking you can't do it then you're basically setting yourself up for failure. Just know you will nail your audition."

"Heh, thanks," I say as an obvious blush formed on my face.

"Is there anything else bugging you?" Levi asked in a tone that made it clear he already knew the answer.  

I hesitate, collecting my thoughts to try and explain my worries. "Well, I guess... i-is it strange that I wish my dad would be there? Ya know, after everything that's happened?" I look at my fumbling hands waiting for Levi's response.