Chp 7

The mid-day sun beat down on my red face as I lean against the hot brick wall. A rogue cloud passes the sun for a second and I close my eyes when it reappeared with its blinding light. I keep them closed and think of the crazy situation I'm in. About 10 minutes pass and I move to the shade on the front steps of the church. Today was hot for being March so the shade was nice. Sitting under the small archway before the main doors, I bring my knees to my chest again and bury my face in them.

Suddenly I hear a quiet humming of an engine quickly getting louder and louder. I raise my head, look over, and gasp when I recognize the small black motorcycle fly over the hill. I watch as it pulls up to the curb. The rider turns the small key and the slight putter of the engine stops. My breath quickens as I watch the man take off his helmet. I instantly recognize when he flicks his head back and forth and runs his fingers through his black hair. He looks over at me and even from far away I can see his silver eyes. He steps off the bike and makes his way over to me.

I just stare as he slightly jogs up the short set of cement stairs, but when he reached the top I turn my head, attempting to hide the gash on my left cheek.

".... you actually came?" My raspy voice stutters out.

"Tch, I said I was didn't I?" He clicks his tongue. When I didn't answer he folded his arms in annoyance and continues, "So? Are you gonna tell me what happened or are we just gonna sit here and twiddle our fucking thumbs all day?" I sighed and he moved to stand in front of me. Suddenly his eyes widened, he dropped his arms from their knotted position, "Kid...what the hell happened?!" He knelt down and reached his arm out to my face. However, when he did that I flinched and cowered down, scared. He raised his eyebrows and gulped as he retreated his arm.

"U-uh I'm sorry! I-uh... I went back home to get some things, b-but my father came home early and....... he was so mad.... we got in an argument and..." I sniffle, "...and h-he-"

"He hit you..." Levi interrupted quietly and sighed. I nodded looking at the ground and wiped a small tear from my eye with my sleeve.

Levi looked over at my small backpack, his bike, and back to me several times. He then looked off to what seemed like nowhere like he was thinking. He took a deep breath, "Alright" he gets back up and grabs my wrist. "Get up, let's get that cleaned up before it gets infected." He pulled on my wrist and I stumble to my feet. Levi leans down and grabs my bag, hands it to me, and starts heading to his bike. I freeze at the top of the steps. Levi stops and looks back when he notices I wasn't following.

"Oi? Brat! You coming?" I throw the backpack over my shoulders.

"Y-yeah!" I run down the steps and catch up to the shorter man. We get to the bike and I realize he brought another helmet. This one was green and black, he handed it to me and I slid it over my head. He swings his leg over the bike and I do the same behind him. Levi turns the small key, the engine turns over, and roars when he revs it twice.

I lift my face mask to talk, "Can I ask where we are going?"

Levi bluntly answers, "My place, I wanna clean that cut up." He slips his helmet over his head and lifts the kickstand. I wrap my arms around his waist and soon enough we head down the road.

- - - - 15 minutes later - - - -

We approach Rose City and the buildings loom over me once again. This time in the daylight they seemed even taller. We silently ride, twisting through the grid maze of streets until finally stopping in front of a tall brick building. I guess he has an apartment here.

He flips up the mask and turns to me, "We're here" I take off the helmet and climb off. I awkwardly follow him up to the front doors and he pushes one, holding it open for me. I smile saying thanks and walk in. He leads me to a small elevator and clicks the button. With a high-pitched ding the metal doors open and we walk in.