Rock Solid

Sorry for not updating. I had a Scholastic Meet on Thursday (I placed sixth overall and third in my division for Algebra 1), then, my family and I went to Norman's Midevil Fair and it was awesome! I loved the human chess, but the joust was hilarious! Rip Fredrick. No one liked you anyways. Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter.
_____

Nick and I had been inseparable since that night. We were trying to figure out how to change that vision. I went over all the details with him and he still believes that if I told my crush how I feel, it'd change it. If only he knew it was him.

We were in Toby's office at the moment, Nick behind the desk with me in a chair in front of it, trying to come up with a solid plan other than me telling my crush how I feel. Then, Maddy walks in, holding her camera, and we stop what we were doing.

"Got ya," Maddy says.

"Oh, no," Nick says. "Get that thing away from me."

"Oh, come on, Nick," Maddy says. "Don't be shy."

"Me?" Nick asks. "I'm not the one who's always hiding behind that camera."

"I'm not hiding," Maddy says as she closes her camera.

Nick grabs some papers and stacks them.

"I've watched you, Madison," Nick says. "You're so busy filming other people having fun, you never get out there and have fun yourself. You, too, (y/n). You're always drawing, writing, or reading."

I glare at Nick, but neither notice.

"I have fun," Maddy says, backing up towards the wall.

"Yeah?" Nick asks.

"Yeah," Maddy says.

"When's the last time you went out there and did something different, something spontaneous?" Nick asks and I glare at him a little harder.

No one notices my glare and Nick throws an orange at Maddy, which she catches.

"Spontaneous?" Maddy repeats, throwing the orange back. "Okay." Maddy starts picking at something on the wall beside her. "Yesterday... I went to buy toothpaste. I always buy peppermint, and I thought, 'No, I'm gonna do something different,' and I bought Wintergreen."

Maddy shrugs her shoulders and Nick puts his left hand on his hip while leaning on his right hand on the table.

"Wintergreen?" he asks and I glare a little bit harder.

"Yeah, I -- Wintergreen," Maddy says and Nick looks down.

He laughs as he picks up a magazine and I stand up.

"You're a wild woman, all right," Nick says, hitting her head with the magazine and he walks towards the door with Maddy and I following after him. "Whoo!"

We walk out of Toby's office.

"She's a wild one," Nick says and I grab his arm for him to face us.

"Hey, hey," Maddy says. "It just so happens that defending the world takes most of my free time."

"Uh-huh," Nick says. "That's just an excuse. Admit it. You're too shy to put it out there."

Nick walks away.

"I am not shy," Maddy says.

"I'll go talk to him," I say and walk over to Nick.

I hit the back of his head.

"Ow, what was that for?" he asks turning to face me.

"You are so clueless," I say, turning away from him.