Ranger Down

I am so, so, SO sorry for the long wait. I had a schedule made for this to be updated on Tuesdays, but I forgot with band contests. Um, fair warning, this chapter is shorter than most of the others, but it's mostly cute moments with Nick!

Your POV

"There I stood face-to-face with the dreaded pirate Half Nose," Jenji says.

I look at the others from the stairs I had just come to the top of, carrying Fire Heart. They all looked bored. All except Chip.

"Despite having my claws tied and being made to walk the plank --"

"You free yourself and beat him with your sword!" Chip interrupts.

"I had no sword," Jenji says. "I was armed with my cunning, my bravery, and a little trick I picked up in Kath...mandu. I like to call it my Super Cat Attack!"

"Super Cat Attack?" Nick repeats.

"He roared!" I exclaim to get their attention as Clare comes to stand by me.

"Fire Heart just roared for the first time!" Clare exclaims and everyone except Jenji rushes over to us.

"But I wasn't finished," Jenji says.

"What'd it sound like?" Xander asks. "Was it loud and bellowy or rough and growly?"

"Well, it kinda sounded like ... Grrrrrr!" I say and they "aw".

"And then he let out a little puff of smoke," Clare says.

"Aw, how cute!" Vida says.

I look at Jenji and see him looking sad and depressed. Maddy turns to look at what I'm looking at to see Jenji.

Time Skip

I was at Rootcore, looking for Fire Heart. I swear, I left him in my room, but he's no where in sight! I checked the whole tree! I sighed and went back to the front room.

I see the crystal ball light up and run over to it. I see the others fighting Necrolai and a giant blue bird. I morph into my Mystic Force suit and I use my Ninja speed to get to the battle.

As soon as I get there, I see Nick go flying from the hood of the car he was standing on. Anger boils inside me and I let out a (f/c) blast from my hand. It hits Necrolai and she falls back. The boys run over to me as I look at my hand confused.

"What was that?" Xander asks.

"That was awesome!" Chip exclaims. "How'd you do that?"

"I-I don't know," I say and Necrolai stands up.

The boys and I get into fighting stances and Necrolai uses magic to trap us in purple ropes, raising us into the air.

"Since when does she have magic!?" I ask, shocked.

Suddenly, I see Mesagog and my eyes widen. He fires a blast at me from the black blaster in his hand and it hits me. Then, I fall down towards the ground and I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

We hit the ground and I open my eyes, which I didn't even notice were closed, to see Nick still morphed.

"Man, why is this always happening?" I ask and he chuckles.