Inner Strength

Your POV

Dad was doing a training exercise with us. It's great having him here. Although he thinks there's something going on between Nick and I when really there's nothing between us.

"This training exercise is harder than it looks," dad says.

We are shrunk in a small box with fog in it on the table by the crystal ball. Our brooms were flying around us and we were in our Mystic Force suits. We pull out our Magi Staffs.

"Ready to begin?" dad asks.

"Ready!" we exclaim.

"Excellent," dad says.

We shoot blasts out of our Magi Staffs and our brooms stop once they are hit. Well, except Xander's.

"Descend," dad says and Xander runs after his broom.

Dad comes in front of Nick while I watch Xander.

"You passed," dad told Nick, who celebrates. Dad moves on to Vida. "Good job."

"Thanks," Vida says.

Dad moves on to Chip.

"Excellent work," dad says.

"I tried," Chip says, turning around, and dad moves on to Maddy.

"Much improvement," he says.

"Thanks, I've been practicing," she says and dad moves on to me.

"Good job, (y/n)," dad says and I nod as Xander starts yelling.

"Xander, stop," I say as I go over to him. He looks at me and I hold out my hand. "Let me see your Magi Staff."

"Fine," Xander says, handing it to me.

"It's like this," I do what we are supposed to and the broom comes too my hand.

"Did you even practice for this assignment?" dad asks and they all surround us.

"He had a date last night," Nick says and I send a small glare his way.

"The others found time to practice," dad lectures. "You have to work harder. Training is over for now."

We float out of the box in our colors and appear as normal people. Or as normal as we are.

"Welcome home!" Jenji greets and dad goes by Xander.

"I expected better from you," dad says to Xander, walking off.

Time Skip

It was the next day and we were going to do an obstacle course. The goal was to find six flags hidden around the forest. Apparently, the course was designed to challenge each of our mental strengths.

Dad walks off, telling Xander he hopes that Xander does better than he did in the broom training.

"Let's hope you do better than you did in the broom training," Xander mocks him and I glare at him. "This guy's really getting on my nerves."

"What's your problem with him anyway?" Nick asks as Nick and I go over to him.

"Why does he think he can tell us what to do?" Xander asks and the others come over. "He just showed up out of nowhere."

"So?" Maddy says. "Udonna wants him to train us."

"It's not just me," Xander says. "Chip doesn't like him either."