Heir Apparent: Part 1 and 2

Hey, guys! Twice in one day. Good for me! And you too, I guess.

_____

Your POV

Nick and dad were training. Again. I swear, how much more training can those two do? They've been at it for a week straight!

The others, Udonna, and I were watching. The other Rangers can't seem to get enough of it, but it's so annoying and boring watching them. It's like those two are arguing over Nick getting something.

Dad knocks Nick to the ground.

"Sorry, young warrior," dad says. "Next time, I'll take it easy on you."

"Don't even think about it," Nick says, kicking dad's sword back.

I roll my eyes and look at the sky, ignoring the... children. Yeah, they're being children.

I get lost in thought until I hear cheering. I look at the children to see dad on the ground with Nick's sword to his throat. I roll my eyes and dad and Nick unbind themselves.

"Good work, Nick," dad says. "You took me fair and square, and did it with honor."

"I just got lucky," Nick says.

"There's no luck here," dad says. "Your skill is growing stronger." They face us. "In fact, you all have improved."

"Thanks to you," Vida says as Nick sits beside me.

"You were taught by the best, and so are we," Chip says, smiling. "Maybe one day we can be as good as Leanbow."

Udonna looks at him shocked and dad loses his smile as Chip looks at Udonna.

"I'm sorry, Udonna," dad says and Udonna looks at him. "I told Chip about your husband." The others, except Nick, share a confused look. "He promised he wouldn't say a word."

"And I didn't," Chip says. "Until now."

"Does someone want to fill us in?" Xander asks.

"Udonna, he was a great man, a hero," dad says and Nick looks at Udonna. "Perhaps it is time they learned about him."

"Yes," Udonna says. "It's time we told you the whole story."

I think of Koragg and wave my hand. He's gonna continue getting these flashes of his past until he remembers everything.

Time Skip

We were back at Rootcore.

"Before the Great War, Leanbow and I lived happily with our baby," Udonna says. "His name was Bowen."

"(Y/n), we need to tell them," Nick's voice says in my head and we share a look.

"We should wait," I say. "They won't believe us without proof. Especially Udonna."

"Doesn't your vision count for anything?"

"I had it weeks ago. They won't trust me if I tell them that."

"You're right. After we have proof."

"After we have proof."

"Leanbow was my mentor," dad says. "The forces of evil attacked, and we fought them on all fronts. Leanbow fought bravely, but Morticon and his troops were too strong. We needed a plan, so Leanbow met with Niella and myself."