Whispering Voices

Last chapter was the longest yet. I'm gonna try to beat it soon though. Also, I made color guard!! I'm so happy! 🚩🏴🏳️
_____

Koragg's POV

I was watching a battle between the Red Ranger, (f/c) Ranger, and I in the futures pool. We fight for a couple of minutes, with us going back and forth on who will win, before the Red Ranger knocks me back and goes in for the final strike. I splash my hand through the water to make the images disappear.

"Watching what lies ahead for you in the futures pool, Koragg?" Necroli asks from behind me and I turn to face her. She walks a little ways into the room. "Was that the Red and (f/c) Rangers that destroyed you?" she asks and I take a step forward.

"It is only one possible future, hag," I say and she laughs a dry laugh. "The pool foresees many futures."

"Perhaps in every future you will be destroyed," Necroli says and I walk towards her.

"I should tear your wings off and feed you to the Hideaks!" I exclaim, grabbing her left arm.

She jerks her arm out of my grasp and walks back a few steps.

"But then you'd miss out on my brilliant idea," she says, turning around and grabs the Snow Staff off the wall. She turns back to me. "Use this to get at the Red Ranger's thoughts. By messing with him, you'll mess with the (f/c) Ranger because she cares for him more than the others."

She throws the staff at me and I catch it.

"Yes, the White Ranger's Snow Staff," I say.

With Rangers
Your POV

Music is playing through the store and I sit in a chair by the stage as Chip hides behind a stack off boxes, holding a plunger with a blue crown-type thing on his head. Nick walks in, reading a magazine and Chip jumps out of his hiding spot, holding the plunger out at Nick with his right hand.

"I say there, most incredulous fellow, you're standing in my moat," Chip says, looking at a stack of boxes to his left. Chip looks at Nick. "You will most likely be devoured by a crocodile."

"Saltwater or freshwater croc?" Nick asks, taking a step forward.

"Uh... Freshwater, I think," Chip says.

"Oh," Nick says, moving his right hand to his chin in thought. "Then, it's my lucky day," he flips the plunger out of Chip's hand and catches it. "For I know firsthand that it's the saltwater croc that is more dangerous to man. So I'll just swim on through."

He hands Chip the plunger back and walks past him. Maddy comes over to Vida and I look at her to see a CD in her right hand.

"V," Maddy says. "Hey, V?" Maddy asks, shaking her sister's left arm and Vida pushes her hand away as she hums. "V!" Maddy says, grabbing her sister's arm and Vida turns to Maddy, muttering a 'hmm?' "I want you to listen to this CD," Maddy says. "It's really cool."

"Not now, Maddy," Vida says. "I'm in a groove."

Vida turns back to her turntable and Maddy takes out her Morpher. Maddy points it at the CD and it disappears only to appear in the CD spot on the turntable. The lid closes and it starts to play funk music. Maddy looks at her sister, who is bobbing her head to the tune. Vida looks shocked as she turns to Maddy and Maddy laughs.