Chapter 8: Remembering Livi

Chapter 8

Walking down the stairs, I rubbed the sleepiness out of my eyes. I was still waking up after a long night. Once I reached the kitchen, I noticed Spencer at the table. I crept up on him as he poured himself a bown of cereal. Noticing my presence, he turned to me.

"Hey there, Little Red," He said. When he looked at me, he laughed. "Like what you see?" How could I not? I thought. There he stood, his masculine body shining brightly from the sunlight as he stood in his boxers. I had heard what he said, but couldn't respond. I was in complete awe.

He laughed again. "You're gonna catch flies, you know." It was then when I snapped out of my fantasies. "Uh..sorry about that." I replied as he made his way to the table. I could feel my cheeks go red, feeling the heat against the palm of my hand from embarrassment. Sitting there, he smiled at me. "You know, you're cute when you blush."

"What? Me? No..I wasn't blushing. I, uh.. I was just-"

"Blushing?" He smiled.

I figured there was no hope trying to convince him of it when it was obvious I was. I just sat down at the table across from him.

I twisted my finger around a strand of my red hair. Although it wasn't natural, my hair was the only thing I like about myself. I decided to dye it, just for a change. At that moment, I wondered what Livi would do if she saw me. She was always against dying her hair, saying that it was meant to be the way it was. Hers was a light blonde, the same as mine, but instead of blue eyes like me, she got brown from my mother. Then I remembered last night..

"Where's Katherine?" I asked Spencer, looking around for her.

"Probably still sleeping," He replied, "She usually gets really tired from work, so she sleeps in kinda late." I looked at the clock to find it was ten o'clock.

Just then, I heard Katherine approach us as she entered the kitchen. As soon as she laid eyes on Spencer, she said, "What are you doing?!"

A puzzled look was on his face. "Uh, eating cereal?" He scooped a spoonful of Cheerios into his mouth. I couldn't help but smile at his use for sarcasm.

"Don't give me that bull," She shot at him, "What are you doing in your underwear? There's a woman in the kitchen, sitting right in front of you for Christ sakes." I could tell she was fuming. She continued to spat raging words at him. "Go put on some clothes, will you?"

For some reason, I started to giggle. Maybe because of the way Katherine was yelling at him, or maybe the fact that he was practically naked in front of his mother.

As Spencer headed up to his room, he rolled his eyes before giving me his award-winning smile.

Once he shut the door, Katherine looked up at me. "I'm so sorry about him. He's just..used to it." A small smile appeared on her face as she poured herself a cup of black coffee. "Want a cup?" She asked kindly. "No thank you." I replied.

I watched her. Katherine wasn't an ugly woman; she just looked like the typical mother. She had creamy brown eyes that showed much compassion and blonde hair that reached her mid-back. I could tell she was stressed often from the grey hairs that snuck to her roots  and poked out of her scalp.

It was silent for a moment, Katherine sipping her coffee occasionally.

"What happened last night, Katherine?" Everything from last night was foggy. All I knew was that I was screaming at the top of my lungs, as if I were in excruciating pain.

She sipped her coffee once more before setting it down on the wooden table. "You had a nightmare, I believe," I nodded.

"I was sleeping, but then I heard noise and went to see what it was," She looked around the room, anywhere but into my eyes. "When I got to your room, you were screaming. I didn't know what to do, so I just held you until you fell back asleep." Tears filled her eyes and she turned away. Behind her tears, I could see her normally beautiful eyes were filled with worry.

I nibbled on my lip as I thought in silence. Katherine did that for me? It's sad that I don't remember most of what happened last night, but I'm glad she was there to help. Without her, I probably would've never been able to get to sleep.

Even though I don't remember much, the nightmare was still fresh in my mind, running on replay as if a movie were playing in my head. I clutched onto the tablecloth, wanting the horrible memory to go away; the night I killed my sister.

Ever since that night, I had blamed myself. I should've taken Jake's offer to take me home. Maybe if I wasn't so stubborn, my sister would still be alive.

Just then, tears streamed down my face uncontrollably. I could feel Katherine's stare. Looking up at her, she seemed saddened by watching me cry. She probably felt helpless, like she wanted to do something, but couldn't.

It was then that I walked up to my room, slamming the door shut behind me.

* * *

A/N: Sorry guys! I know the chapters have been shorter and shorter lately, it's just that I've been really busy! I have a life out of Wattpad, as you know, but really wanted to upload for you. Once again, sorry it's short. I'll try to upload again in the next couple of days. I hope you enjoyed! It's basically a filler chapter. Anyhoo, comment's are very much so appreciated and vote if you like!