Chapter 19: Happily Ever After?

• Didedikasikan kepada my incredible fans!

A/N: Hello, my lovelies! This is the LAST chapter of the story! I'm so happy and sad at the same time, but mostly happy because after this, I'll be uploading a new story called What It Takes to Carry On :D The prologue's already posted, so check it out please? I'll post the link in the external link c:

Also, I wanted to tell you all T H A N K  Y O U for sticking with me and this story. It's my first, so it's probably not the best, but thanks for being by my side anyway. Without you all, I wouldn't be doing what I love c:

K, enough chatter! Here's chapter 19 (the LAST chapter!)

~

Chapter 19

Cole's POV

The room smells like cleaning products and musty sheets. I try to ignore it and focus on Kendall instead. She lay beside me in her hospital bed, eyes closed. I hold her hand the whole time, kissing it. Tubes and wires protrude from her skin as the heart monitor beeps beside her. At least she's still breathing, I think.

The cuts on her arms have been cleaned and bandaged. The doctors had told me that if she'd got there any later, she would've been dead. But with enough dedication and motivation, the doctors were able to get her blood pumping again. Now her heart beats solidly, but her heart beats are sometimes irregular.

I watch her chest as she breathes. I can't believe I've done this to her, I whisper, examining her fragile body curled up under the blue sheet. I squeeze her hand reassuringly as I talk to her. "Hey there, Ken." I give a small, sad smile. "The sun is rising. You can see it behind the trees, see?" I point over to the window and beyond the millions of trees at the sunset, even though I know she won't wake up to look.

"Remember when we watched the sunset on the beach, Ken?" I bring her hand to my lips and kiss it gently. "You had told me your favorite part was watching all the colors blend together in the horizon. That's kind of how it looks now." Looking over at her, I can see that she hasn't moved a muscle, not even a finger. My eyes water, but I remain steady. She'll wake up soon, I reassure myself, hoping that the words are indeed true.

Someone barges through the door, a teenager who appears to be around eighteen. He's tall and well built, and by the look in his eyes, I can tell he's irate. "What the fuck did you do to her?" He practically screams.

"I'm sorry, what?" I stand up and cock an eyebrow, confused, but at the same time, prepared for the worst.

"Calm down, Spencer. This isn't the time..." A woman whispers, resting her hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

He brushes her off and comes face-to-face with me. "I said, what the fuck did you do to her?" He accents the word fuck, causing bits of his saliva to land on my cheek. He towers over me, but that won't stop me.

"I didn't do anything to her," I say, but once the words escaped my lips, I knew it was a lie. After all, it was my fault. She caught me cheating on her with Rebecca, even though it wasn't me who started it. She hadn't given me enough time to explain before I found her...

I gulp, tears rising in my throat at the thought of it all.

"Spencer, enough!" The woman says. She turns to me with a small smile, "I apologize for him, he can be a bit of a hand full."

"Bastard," he whispers at me before turning away. His mother gives him a hard stare before extending her hand at me.

"I'm Katherine, remember me? And this is my son, Spencer, and my daughter, Dani. She was at Kendall's mother's funeral..."