Chapter 17: Used, Hurt, and Broken

A/N: Gah! School's started and I haven't been to upload D: Sorry about that. It's just that I have a lot of homework and stuff, and writing has kinda dropped from my first priority to one of my lasts. Anyway, things get really steamy in this chapter >:D mwuahhahaha..

~

Chapter 17

Two days later, Spencer and Dani surprised me by buying a plane ticket for themselves to come visit me. At first, I was so surprised. Instead of staying with me in the hotel, they're staying with a family friend, Lori.

Right now, I'm sitting on the balcony, feeling the cool breeze brush through every strand of my red hair, feeling goosebumps arise on my skin. I close my eyes and think of a place, somewhere far away. Then I open them and sigh. The sun is shining brightly, but in the distance, you can see dark clouds approaching. The breeze has picked up, but I don't mind. I just sit there, reclined on the chair, eyes closed. And dream.

Cole's POV

I hopped out of the taxi, handing the driver a twenty. As the winds picked up, I pulled my jacket closer to me, hoping to block out most of the chilly air. I walked down Hanover Street to where the little shops were. They've been here for as long as I remember.

As rain droplets fall from the sky, I quicken my pace against the hard concrete of the sidewalk. The rain starts to plummet down, so I run, hearing the chime of the door as I enter the book store. There's a coat hanger next to the door, so I take my jacket off and hang it there. 

The cashier gives me a quick nod as I look around. The shop seems very old. The smell of mothballs and old books fill the air. I scan the shelves in search of the perfect book, something I think she'll really like. I drop to my knees and graze my fingertips across the books' spines. They're dusty, old, used. 

 It's then when I find the perfect book. I flip through the book and get a whiff of the scent. The pages are crinkled and worn out, smelling musty. I bring the book up to the counter.

"The Fault in Our Stars, hm?" She says, looking through the book. "Great read," She meets my light brown eyes with her golden ones. They seem to shine under the florescent light of the book shop. Her naturally red shoulder-length hair falls gracefully. Giving me a small smile, I return the favor as she rings up the book. 

"That'll be $7.56." As I dig through my pocket, I put whatever I find onto the counter. The cashier -- who I now realize is named Rebecca -- puts the book into a bag that reads Thank You. 

"Have a wonderful day," She hands me the receipt and as I scan it, notice her number is printed neatly in the right corner.

I nod. "Thanks,"  

~

Kendall's POV

At around three thirty, I heard a knock on my hotel door. "Coming!" I yell as I throw on my fuzzy purple robe and wrap it around my body.

Once the door is completely open, I meet gazes with a soaking wet Cole. He smiles a gorgeous smile that accentuates his eyes and cheekbones. "Hey, can I come in?"

I laugh, "After I dry you off. You look like a drowned rat,"

"What a lovely compliment," He says dramatically, unable to keep a small smile off his pink lips.

I wink at his sarcasm. "Stay here,"

Walking back into the hotel, I search for the linen closet. Once I find it, I pick out a white towel and make sure to grab a change of clothes for him. The only clothes I have that will fit him are one of my over-sized t-shirts and baggy basketball shorts. I open the door and hand him the towel, helping him dry off his scruffy brown locks.