Chapter 14: The Party

A/N: Sorry if this chapter's suck-ish. I wanted to upload really quick so you guys at least had something and didn't have to wait as long for an upload. I'll be uploading again on August 6th, considering that's when I get back from vacation. See you then. Please vote and comment.

~*~*~*

Chapter 14

Lia had picked me up, just as she promised, but I couldn't help but feel awkward sitting in her car after what just happened between Dani and I. I felt...dirty. I felt like someone else was living inside me, taking over my body at that moment. After that, I didn't want to go to the party. All I wanted to do was shed my skin.

"What's wrong?" Lia looks over from me as she drives the car. I've ben silent the whole ride.

I shrug. Not wanting to answer, I look out the window. The night is dark and the moon is illuminating the night sky. Stars twinkle all above us and the streets are vacant, only a car or two in sight. I stick my arm out the window. It's pretty chilly out, and I curse under my breath for wearing what I wore.

Pulling up in Dylan's driveway, we stepped out into the cool night. The wind nipped at my exposed skin, making goosebumps appear on my arms and legs.

I rang the doorbell, holding my arms around me to keep warm. Instead of Dylan answering the door, his friend, Jacob does. Being the pervert he is, he scans my petite body, his eyes stopping at my boobs. A sly smirk appears on his tanned face. "You cold?"

I look down and notice what he was smirking at. I fold my arms over my chest and push Jacob out of the way. Lia follows behind.

Although his house is huge, bodies are crammed together. I can smell the sweat dripping off of everyone, along with the smell of alcohol and pot. Taking in my surroundings, I notice a couple making-out on the couch. I look over at them in disgust before heading upstairs with Lia.

I opened the door to Dylan's bedroom. In the center of the floor is five people playing Spin the Bottle. Lia looks at me smiling, hoping we could join the game. I sit down criss-cross-applesauce next to her, gazing at the people in the room. That's when I notice Brad, Lisa, Blaze, Miranda, Kade, and Spencer. Wait...Spencer?

I gawk at him as he looks back with a wide smirk.

As the bottle spins, I hope - pray, even - that I get anyone but Spencer. I watch the bottle spin around and around, waiting for the moment of truth. Watching makes me dizzy, but I continue to watch until it stops in the center of the wooden floor.

It lands on Lia and Miranda.

"Woo hoo! Lesbians!" Spencer coos, fist pounding Brad as they laugh.

Lia looks at me, a worried expression filling her eyes. "You don't have to do it if you're uncomfortable," I whisper. "It's not like you're being forced."

"Come on, Lia. Don't be a loser." Brad mocks.

"Yeah, Lia. Do it." Spencer says.

Everyone keeps bugging her, provoking her. I can tell she's ready to snap under all the pressure. That's when I see that everyone is mocking her..except for Kade.

Once again, his jet black bangs hang over his bright emerald eyes. He sits there, content with himself, not speaking a word to anyone else around him.

"Stop," I yell at Brad and Spencer.

"Spin again," I tell Lia. Spencer glares at me, angry he's not getting his lesbian make out.

She spins the bottle again, and this time, it lands on her and Kade.

I look over at him, seeing the pink rush to his cheeks. Lia looks up at him and smiles lightly, seeing as though he's uncomfortable with the whole situation. Lia leans over as Kade brushes his bangs out of his eyes, and their lips meet. Kade grabs her head so gently and delicately, as if he's afraid she's going to break. I even see a little slip of the tongue as their lips move in sync with each others.

Kade finally pulls away, a bright smile on his face. That's the only emotion I've ever seen since I met him. Even Lia's cheeks are red.

"Damn, Lia. Don't hold back or anything," I smile over at her, giving her a light nudge. She smirks.

After the game of Spin the Bottle, Lia and I go downstairs, drinking more alcohol then we can surly handle. By the end of the night, we're both slurring our words.

"You know, before the party, Dani and I had sex." I laugh, "Sex! Can you believe it!" I suddenly break into hysterics, but she looks at me like a trapped deer in headlights.

"You what?"  She asks.

I nod at her as I continue to laugh for whatever reason. I don't know why I'm laughing, considering nothing was even remotely funny. I thought Lia was drunk, but to my knowledge, she wasn't as drunk as I thought.

She looks at me wide eyed, and that's when the alcohol starts to die down in my system before I realized what I'd just said.

She grabs my hand, making me abandon my beer, and drives me home.