Chapter 15: Birthday Breakfast

A/N: Sorry it's taken me, like, forever to upload! I was in Maryland visiting family for about two and a half weeks and didn't have wi-fi where I was staying. Then when I got back, I had to cram for this stupid test I had to take then next day, and from then I became extremely busy. But don't worry, I'm uploading now! I know it's absolutely and INCREDIBLY short, but it's the best I can do for now. I'll try to upload another chapter when I can, but I'm uploading this because I feel hella guilty about not doing it for a few weeks /: Anyway, enjoy this chappy!

~*~*~*

Chapter 15

Waking up the next morning took all the little energy I had in me. Even though I was awake, my lids grew heavy each second. I suddenly felt all the effects of the hangover as they rushed over me painfully. With every step, I felt I was about to collapse. I had trouble holding myself upright and everything on my whole body hurts.

I held my head in pain as I groaned, making my way downstairs. As soon as my feet hit the cool tile floor, a rush of breakfast scents filled my nostrils. I could smell crispy bacon, warm buttery pancakes, and scrambled eggs with cheese. I smiled as I made my way over to the island. 

"Good morning, birthday girl." Katherine says, turning away from mixing the pancake batter to take a look at me. I give her a warm smile, along with a yawn. "Good morning." 

As she set a heaping plate in front of me, I said, "How did you know this was my favorite?" 

"Who doesn't like scrambled eggs with cheese?" She says with a wink. 

Just as I start to devour the delicious food, Spencer and Dani come downstairs simultaneously. I look up, a fork full of food in my mouth. Dani awkwardly sits next to me, playing with her fingers, and Spencer plops in a stool in front of me, ignoring me as if I'm not even in the room. Katherine notices and huffs a sigh. All I can do is continue to eat, that is, until I think about what happened with Dani and I the following night.

I was still shocked that she admitted her feelings towards me, but what I couldn't believe is what we'd done. 

I close my eyes and think back to the moment before the party. Dani and I in my room. Dani confessing her feelings. Dani and I having...

Just thinking about it made my heart flutter and my stomach dip, but so did the look on Spencer's face as he sat in front of me, completely shirtless. He looked me up and down, his face equaling the same emotions as a brick.

Katherine and John sit down with the three of us after we've all finished eating. Usually, John would be at work at the police department, but today was my birthday, so he decided to take off. 

Katherine pulls something out of her pocket and slips it behind her back. "Honey, John and I have a special surprise for you." She tells me, taking John's hand in her's while he squeezes it sweetly. 

My fork clattered onto the plate. "What is it?" A smile crept onto my cheeks as I waited in anticipation.

Katherine handed me the papers that were being hidden. 

"No way! You got me a plane ticket?" 

"Well we figured you might be a little home sick. Not to mention, Cole's there too." Katherine smiled at me.

"Since your house has been..packed away, we booked you a hotel to stay in." John said. 

I looked back and forth between Katherine and John in complete awe. I couldn't believe I was going to see Cole! I missed him so much, and although we were constantly talking and texting, it wasn't quite the same. Seeing him in the flesh again make my heart soar. 

A few tears streamed down my face as I looked up at Katherine. She tangled me in a warm hug and wiped my tears away. John came over and kissed me on the forehead. Dani scooted in as well, taking my hand and smiling. I even got a smile from Spencer, which was completely rare. 

I wish I could capture this moment forever somehow, I thought as I smiled to myself. This whole year has been something totally life changing, and I'll never forget one bit of it.