Chapter 12: Fro-yo and Hot Boys

A/N: I really need to speed it up with this story so I can get it finished in time for the Watty's. Speaking of the Watty's, did you guys hear about the Atty's? It's like the Watty Awards, but for poetry. Go on Wattpad's page to find out more, and don't forget to vote (but mostly COMMENT!) for this chapter if you like it!

Also, the Menchie's website is in the external link (yes, Menchie's exists!) so feel free to click it :)

~*~*~*

Chapter 12

"I still can't believed you skipped," I said with a mouth full of fro-yo. Lia and I were currently sitting inside of Menchie's. She recommended is, saying it's one of the best fro-yo places she's ever been to. I figured since we're kind of celebrating her badass ways, we'd go to the place she picked. 

"What can I say. Maybe I'm not so innocent after all," She winks at me and we burst out laughing. As she spoons more frozen yogurt into her mouth, I catch the cashier looking over our way.

I kick Lia under the table. "Lia, look. That guy's totally checking you out," She looks up from her yummy desert to look at him.

"Are you sure he's not looking at you?"

"C'mon, Lia. Don't you see him staring?"

She looks back over at him and he smiles - a gorgeous one at that. He has light hazel eyes, green, blue, and brown intertwined. His blonde hair falls in curls around his head and he tousles them lightly, giving her a wink. I look over at her to see her reaction.

"Is- Is he flirting with me?" She asks.

"Obviously," I roll my eyes.

Knowing that, she gives him a wave and a cheeky grin. 

"Picking up guys too? Wow, Lia. I've never seen this side of you," I bring my hand to my mouth as if I were in complete shock. She rolls her eyes in amusement, sneaking glances at the cashier when she has the chance.

All of a sudden, he walks over. He's wearing a grey shirt which has the Menchie's logo in the corner, hidden by his bright pink apron. 

"Uh, you left your receipt at the counter," He hands Lia the receipt and she scans it. 

"Oh, well thank you," She responds, giving him her award-winning smile. He mirrors her expression, and with that, walks back over to his work station, taking orders from customers as they place their fro-yo on the scale. 

She scans the receipt as her mouth forms into an o shape. She looks up at the cashier and smiles, her rosy cheeks heating up. 

"What are you blushing for?" I snatch the receipt from her and look it over. At the bottom left corner of the receipt, Call me, 555-0124 - Conner, is written, a smiley face next to the number.

I shake my head while smiling at her. 

She shoves the receipt into the pocket of her jeans. As we head out, I see Lia drop a ten dollar tip on the table. 

"You're really something, you know that?" I smile up at her, trying not to laugh at everything that's happened since we've gotten our fro-yo. 

"Looks like I'm changing," She states before walking off proudly into the school doors.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You know there's going to be a party at Dylan Baker's house Saturday," Lia says. I can practically hear her smile into the phone. "You coming?"

I twisted a lock of my cherry red hair into my fingers. "I don't know, Lia. Parties aren't really my thing," I think back to the time of Livi's death. Since then, I hadn't went to a party, let alone drink. I've been scarred since that day. Of course, Lia hadn't known that. It's only been two weeks since I've started school, and even though we've grew close enough to be considered best friends, I never told her.