Chapter 11: Not so Innocent After All

A/N: This chapter is from Lia's POV. Hope you enjoy! Read, vote, comment, share, promote..do whatever you'd like. Thanks! 

* * *

Chapter 11

Lianna's POV

I was sitting on the toilet, lid down, in the East Wing of the school. After what just happened, I couldn't go out there. Everyone would hear what's happened by now, since news spreads like wildfire here, and everyone would already be on my case. 

I couldn't believe I didn't stick up for myself out there, especially with Kendall around. I was so humiliated and embarrassed, and now look where I am! Hiding in a stall in the girls bathroom.

I watched as tears poured down my face, falling to into my cold hands. Some managed to fall to my rosy lips. I tasted them, my taste buds immediately reacting to their salty taste. I didn't have a mirror nearby, but I could tell my eyes, which were usually big and round, were now puffy and red, swollen from crying. I bowed my head into my hands, wondering what I've done wrong.

Ever since that fist day of school in Kindergarten, I've been Stacey's target. All because of that one day.

* * *

I was sitting on the swings alone while the rest of my class ran freely around the playground. I could hear children giggle and play with their friends, while I had no one but my imaginary friend, Alice. She sat next to me, swinging in the October breeze. 

"Swing with me, Alice. Swing!" I held her hand as we happily swung together, the cool wind brushing our hair in our faces.

Before you know it, Derek Marcove came over and sat next to me, but more specifically, on Alice. "Get up! You're sitting on Alice!" I screamed, jumping off my swing to push him off. He grabbed hold of my puny stick-like arms. "Calm down, Lia. She's not real." 

"Yes she is! Get off, you're hurting her!" It was then I decided to stick up for Alice. I pushed Derek off the swing, looking at him in awe as he lay in the grass. 

Stacey walked over to me, her hands perched on her hips. "What are you doing, Wies?" She shouted in my face before helping Drew up. "Are you okay?" She checked him up and down before our teacher, Ms. Touy, took him to the nurse. 

Once he was gone, she stuck her finger in my face. "Never speak to him again!" She stomped off, giving me the coldest look I'd ever seen.

* * *

It had turned out that Stacey had the biggest crush on Derek when we were kids, and she had thought I was trying to get close to him. But for one, we were in Kindergarten. Why would she be worried about that anyway? And two, I didn't even like Derek! 

This whole thing made no sense, but every time I ask Stacey why she does this to me, she says it's because of that day, all the way back in Kindergarten. 

I graze my fingertips over the angel shaped scar on my wrist. It had appeared there after I had lost my mother in a car crash five years ago. 

"Mom," I whispered, "Wherever you are, please continue to watch over me." I kissed the scar on my wrist. "I love you."

I had already missed twenty minutes of class, so I decided it was time to make an appearance. I unlocked the stall door and glanced in the mirror. I had all of my mother's features: pale blonde hair, ivory skin, silvery blue eyes, and little freckles scattered across the bridge of my nose. I smiled at myself, remembering my beloved mother. My smile faded as I brought my hand up to my lip ring.

The only reason I had gotten all these piercings, beside me ears of course, was because I had wanted to fit in. When I first started high school, I came not knowing where to go or what group I could possibly fit in. It was then when I snuck out of the house and got three piercings: one on my lip, nose, and eyebrow. I didn't like them. They made me seem... different, although the whole point was for me to look the same. At least I had found friends the next week of school. 

I signed heavily before retreating into the hallway. On my way to Band, I noticed Kendall, sitting by her locker, knees drawn listening to her iPod. As I approached her, I could hear the music blaring in her ears. I even recognized it as the song Right In by Skrillex. So she's a dubstep fan, like me. I thought, smiling to myself.

Once she saw me approaching, she took out one of her headphones. "Oh hey, Lia." She smiled at me as I sat on the cold tile floor next to her, perched against a locker. I gave her a warm smile back.

"Don't you have band?"

"Uh, yeah. But I'm not really feeling up to going right now."

She looked at me in amazement, "Does that mean you're skipping?"

"I guess." I nodded.

"I'm proud of you, Wies." She smiled as she punched me in the arm playfully, a gesture that she was proud of my devilish actions. 

I smiled the whole time I was sitting there. Me, Lianna Wies, was actually skipping class. I never thought a day like this would come, but now that it has, I felt really good about it. I wasn't used to being a badass. I was always a goodie-goodie who got straight B's on my report card. But it seems like a new Lia is coming out, the one that was trapped and waiting to be free.

"Come on, let's go get some Fro-yo." Ken nudged me before collecting her things. As she stood up, her red hair fell freely over her shoulders. She grabbed my hand to help pull me up. 

"What? We can't just leave." 

"Who says?"

"Uh, the school board?"

"Come on, Lia. Live a little."

"But we could get in trouble."

"So what? Think of it as more of a celebration, for you from skipping class."

"Shh... Don't say that out loud." I warned her, but before you know it, a smile crept to my face, making my cheeks flushed. 

I smiled before locking my arm with hers as we made our way out of the school. 

* * *