Chapter 10: The Bitch in Christian Louboutin Heels

A/N: If I want to finish this story soon, I realized I have to speed things up. This will definitely be a 3 paged chapter. Comments and votes are appreciated (as always)!

* * *

Chapter 10

So far, my day was going way better than I expected. I had just left third period, World Geography, and was now headed to lunch. That is, as soon as I could find the cafeteria. 

Along the way, Lia spotted me. "Hey! Why don't you sit with us at lunch today?" I, of course, said yes. I mean, Lia and I are starting to become friends. Plus, who else would I sit with? It's pretty bad if you sit all alone on the first day.

I trailed behind her as we made our way to the cafeteria. It was filled with students of all ages - from freshman to seniors to juniors, and even sophomores. I watched as everyone chatted amongst their small group of friends.

"What's that?" I said in disgust as I took a tray to get some food. "Oh, that's  supposed to be chicken noodle soup." She pointed out the chunks of  "chicken" before grabbing herself a slice of pizza. "It looks like something in a witch's brew." I made my way over to the rest of the buffet, and decided it was safe to stick with a Caesar salad.

We made our way over to a circular table in the middle of the lunchroom. I plopped my tray down on the table and sat down, just as the other four people in the group looked up at me. 

"Everyone, this is Kendall. She's new here," Lia introduced me to her friends, eyes wide. "This is Raine, Ty, Rosalie, and Kade." 

I looked over at the four of them sitting before me. Raine had red hair, like mine, except hers flowed around her shoulders in bouncy curls. Her piercing blue eyes stared daggers into me as I watched the others. 

Ty had curly blonde hair that was tousled on his head. Some curls managed to escape onto his forehead. He had a dazzling smile that showed kindness, as well as his milky brown eyes.

Rosalie looked at me, and that's when I noticed her eyes. They were dark brown, almost black, that I felt looked deep into my very soul. She had wavy brown hair with blue streaks that hung limply around her back, as well as gauges in her ears.

And lastly, Kade. He was definitely the oddball of the group. He hid silently behind his bangs, but I could see his bright green eyes through strands of his jet-black hair. He had red gauges, as well as an eyebrow piercing on his left brow. He didn't look up at me, but instead listened to his blaring music that blasted through his headphones.

They exchanged a few greetings towards me, all except Raine. What was her deal? All she did the whole time was stare at me, while the rest of the group chatted and ate lunch. 

I had grown to like everyone I was introduced to, but I wasn't sure why Raine seemed to hate me so much. After all, I hadn't seen her before. How could she hate me? 

Kade was silent too, and hadn't spoke except for one word - a "hi" that was directed to me. I kept glancing over in his direction, and each time, he would glance back. Whenever I looked into his eyes, I felt as though secrets were being hidden there, secrets no one knew about or could possibly discover. It was then when I made it my goal to uncover them.

* * *

Lunch was over and now Lia and I were standing at my locker, chatting for a few minutes before the bell rang for next period. All of a sudden, Spencer walked up to me, interrupting our conversation.

"Mom's picking you up today. I have something to do later." 

He swiped his hands through his locks as he waited for my answer.