Chapter 1

Hi my lovely readers! The first seven chapters will be small, but from the eight chapter the chapters will  be long, so please brea with me. Love you all!

Enjoy the story where it tells the tale of two being that doesn't need love, instead just each other.

Annabelle Piccolo's POV

I heard a sharp knock on the door and quickly tied my hair up as I combed it and walked to the door before opening it. There stood my step-mom.

"You do know that the Duke Lucas is coming tonight right?", she asked in an angry. I didn't dare raise my head to look at her.

I just nodded my head in response as I looked down.

"Then what are you still doing here? It's already nine thirty in the morning. Go to the kitchen and help the maids. Don't waste your time by sitting here and reading all those books", he said in an angry voice and gave me one last look before disappearing. I closed the door behind me and leaned against it as I took a deep breath.

Lucas. Now he has become a duke. It's been thirteen years since I talked to him. Of course, it's the only time that I have ever talked to him. I remember that day very good.

I took the leaf that fell down from the tree I leaned against and twirled it. I heard loud cheering and shouting as all the kids played. I just stared at them. They never let me play with them. Their mother's never allowed me to. To them, I am just a scum.

Today they are more happy and cheerful that a new boy came to play with them. Everyone is surrounding him, all the boys and girls. I just sat there not interested. I tried a few times to play with them, but they never liked me. My father told me to mingle with them, but what should I do when they don't want me? They say I am a girl with dirty blood in me.

My mother died and my dad brought me here saying that this will be my home now. But why doesn't anyone like me? Not even my new mother, that is my step-mother likes me. Did I do anything wrong? My grandfather hates me. They don't like it when I sit with them on the dinner table. The only two people who like me are my father and grandmother.

She treated me any different. She even told me bedtime stories. I am lost in my thoughts that I squealed when I heard someone say 'Boo' behind me. I stood up in fear and looked at the person who scared me.

The stood a boy, a very handsome boy. He has brown hair and his eyes are sea green in colour with a little blue mixed in them. I stared at him as he walked to me from behind the tree. He smiled at me as he extended his hand. I stared at him.

"Hi! My name is Lucas", he said cheerfully with a beautiful smile on his face. Why is he talking to me? I took a minute before replying to all the while he waited for me shake his hand that he extended.

"My name is Anabelle", I said as I put my hand in his. His hand is a little rough than mine. We shook hands and pulled our hands back.

"Your name is big. What should I call you?", he asked himself, thinking about it.

I just stared at him as he thought about it. He looked back at me as took a look at me from my head to toe and them back at my face. Then he grinned looking at me. I scrunched my nose in confusion as to why he is smiling. Oh no! Is he going to comment and tease me like the other kids do? Please don't.

"I will call you Angel. Since you look like one. My mother always told me that Angels look beautiful. The only thing is you don't have wings", he said looking over my shoulder for wings. I smiled at his joke.

"Okay", I said accepting his nickname for me.

"Lucas! What are you doing with here?!", I heard one of the enemies of my sister, my step-sister, Andria says. She approached us and held his arm.

"I am just talking to her. She is sitting here alone", he said looking at her. I just stared at them both. She looked at me like I am disgusting.

"You are talking with her?! She is nothing but a scum! We all abandoned her. Our mothers told us not to play with her. Leave her there and come to play with us", she pulling him with us.

"But-", he started to say something, but she cut him off.

"No Luke. Come on. Just leave her alone. Everyone is searching for you. You were hiding very good in the game. This time maybe we both can hide as the thief counts hundred", she said pulling him more with her.

He looked back at me as she kept pulling him. He looked at me like he didn't want to leave me. He kept looking at me throughout the game. Then when we were all eating, I came to know that he is my father's best friend Alfonso Alberto's son. That means he will become one when he will be the age of his dad. That's what dad said as he put me to bed that night.

From then on, whenever we see each other, we share glances, we smile, we express, but all only with our eyes. We never needed any words to talk. Even though there is so much distance between us, we can communicate with our eyes. Whenever he used to look at me, my heart skips a beat.

It's been seven years since I last saw him. How is he now? Did he change? How much tall is he now? Most of all, one question that is bugging me the more.

Did he still remember me?

A/N:

Hey my cute dumplings!

How is it? Don't you love the little Lucas and his lovely Angel? There is much more to come in the next chapter.

Do you guys like it? Please tell me what you think.

Please VOTE and COMMENT.