Chapter 2 | Dreadlocks n' Bad Bosses

I groaned as I stirred awake with the loud intercom buzzing throughout the plane.

"I would like to inform you that we will be landing in approximately 16 minutes in Los Angeles, California." The attendant informed. "As we are landing, please take notice that the seatbelt sign is turned on and that passengers should remain seated until further notice." She continued.

I buckled my seatbelt again and turned to the exhausted lady next to me. She offered a small smile before her attention was taken back by her toddler who had found a new interest in doing and undoing the seatbelt chips.

She muttered a 'sorry' and I reassured her it was fine.

Kids could be a cute pain in the ass sometimes.

"The weather is looking great today folks with no chance of rain with the temperatures in the high 80's. Please enjoy the rest of the flight." The pilot spoke as the intercom shut off once again.

Quickly, I gathered up my earbuds and charger and a mini backpack underneath my seat.

Remind me that 6 hours and 16 minutes was too much work to see my brother again.

•••

The luggage belt was nearly empty by the time I managed to drag my ass down to the correct area.

I had checked in 2 bags; one being an extra large suitcase with most of my clothes, makeup, and other miscellaneous items and the other being the major of my workout gear.

I chuckled as I saw my bags come into view, being the only ones still left rotating because of a 'lazy as shitcakes' owner.

Easily, I picked up the bags and sent a text to Justin asking how I was going to meet him.

Justin: Someone will be there. Dreadlocks.

I muttered a profanity underneath my breath at his laziness to come pick me up as I braced myself for weather I haven't felt in nearly a decade.

My eyes scanned over the endless taxis and occasional limos with the assortment of cars surrounding the pick-up area.

I squinted before walking closer to a security guard with my name on a plaque. Standing next to him was a man talking animatedly into his phone with dreadlocks ending at about mid-back length.

I cleared my throat, quickly earning the attention of both men.

The man with dreadlocks stared at me before scanning me down.

"Blonde, skinny, and a sports bag; you must be Mackenzie Loren." He grinned, holding his hnd out for me to shake.

Reluctantly, I took his hand and gave a smile before opening my mouth.

"Did J send you?" I asked, pulling my hoodie off.

My outfit was simple but comfortable enough for a long plane ride. Grey leggings and a shirt with cuts down the back and an Off-White hoodie and some Adidas Superstars. Opting for leaving my hair out of my face, my blonde locks were tied up into a messy bun with minimal makeup.

Nothing a little more define brows and some chapstick won't fix.

L

L.A. wasn't new to me but the years I've spent away from it made me miss the dry heat. Florida's humidity was no joke.

I tugged my hat off and placed it in my mini backpack before turning back to the men still staring at me.

"Oh—umm yea. If J stands for Justin, I'm their manager, Stevie Brooks." He introduced.

"I'm Mackenzie Loren but I'm sure you know." I suggested before turning to the bodyguard.

"Please to meet you miss, step in right this way. Bags will be taken care of and your next stop is the residence." The body guard informed before opening the door and allowing me and Stevie to get in before closing.

Small talk was inevitable so I turned to Stevie who was texting someone on his phone before looking up to my gaze.

"Hello Ms. Loren, can I do anything for you?" He asked.

I vaguely heard the front door close and the limo start before I opened my mouth to answer.

"Is my brother too hard on you?" I blurted out, curious as to how he spent the last 3 years without the company of our parents nagging him to do shit.

"Well—" He hesitated. "Mr.Loren isn't too hard on me for the most part but he's sometimes difficult to deal with." Stevie explained, muttering something under his breath.

I chuckled and apologized to the man. I genuinely felt sorry for him. Dealing with my brother was no easy task.

"Anyways Miss, the residence is located in the hills so expect an hour drive." Stevie explained before turning back to his phone and answering more emails.

Great. An hour drive with nothing but me, myself, and I.

Note the sarcasm.

•••

The drive was shorter than I imagined, picking up a call from Evie as she ranted about how Coach wouldn't let them slack off anymore especially since his 'star player' was now in California.

Trust me Coach, the feeling is mutual.

"Don't bitch around there too much and hurry back soon with an L.A. guy for me." She told me, signing off. "WAIT—you can maybe bring your brother back too. Okay! Bye!"

I chuckled, scoffing at the fact that she hung up before I could give an actual remark.

"Miss.Loren, the residence." The bodyguard coughed.

I apologized just figuring out that the door was open before taking in the view.

When my brother said they 'lived well', it was nothing short of the truth.

As soon as I looked up and my eyes met the ultimate bachelor pad, I knew I was fucked.

•••

God damn, I took a mini hiatus.

Hope y'all didn't miss this crazy author too much!

Enough with the excuses, I have finals coming up and they are pretty important!

I'll try to get an update up but expect like 3-4 more this month 🤷🏻‍♀️

After that, they should be at least 2-5 a week for updates!

Comment, share, vote, and follow!

-Anne

•••

Updated: 5•2•18

Updated: 5•2•18