Chapter 6 | Midnight Pool Rendezvous

So close...

But too far.

I groaned, slumping back into my bed cursing myself, giving up on grabbing my phone.

Mental Note: Make sure you ease in to a workout after taking a break for a couple of days.

Or else, I'll be sore forever.

My new coach and trainer were strict, preferred to give me work instead of lightly handing reps to me.

I was thankful but also cursed them out.

With the run this morning, the set of weights I did afterwards, and then practice, I needed an ice bath more than I could put into words.

"MACK! GET UP!" Keith yelled, nearly pushing me off my bed.

Wrong move.

Immediately, I tackled him, pinning his head down as I climbed over him.

"Jesus woman, kinky ass." He muttered, winking at me.

I rolled my eyes and got off of him as he sat up and rubbed him arm.

"If you wanted to get me down so badly then you should've told me—" Keith laughed before continuing, "Where did ya learn how to tackle like that anyways?"

"Justin played football." I answered, standing up, "I was his test dummy."

He looked at me, before bursted out laughing.

I sent him a look and he immediately stopped.

"Anyways, what did you want?" I questioned, heading over to grab some IcyHot from the counter.

"Wanna head out to the pool tonight?" Keith asked.

"What time?" I sighed, spreading on the cooling IcyHot.

"Starts at 11."

"Who's gonna be there?"

"A couple friends."

I nodded and agreed, looking at my phone.

It was already 8 PM.

"What's up with the excessive amount of that shit?"

I laughed.

"I'm sore from practice."

"What practice?"

"Volleyball."

Keith's eyes lit up before passing me yet another wink.

"Gross." I mumbled, pushing him out the door.

•••

I looked through my bags to find some of my swimsuits from Florida that I have yet to worn.

What can I say?

Volleyball keeps you busy.

Tossing them all on the bed, I looked through and decided on a dark fuchsia strappy two piece gifted to me before I left by Evie with the card that read none other than:

Snuck this into your luggage. If you don't get laid I'll be disappointed in you.

I smiled and put it on knowing it was just my style and easily complimented my figure.