Chapter 12 | Loyal Ass Friendships

The next few weeks are hectic yet calm at the same time.

Whatever went on between me and Adrian simply existed between us two solely.

Moving for the summer made me realize how much I missed the sticky Florida weather and my team back home.

We had managed to take home 4 out of 5 of our wins and I couldn't help but compare it to last season where we had an undefeated streak.

You can't win it all.

Rarely did I get to see the boys all at once, often it being Adrian or Stevie and the bodyguard who drove me to practice.

•••

"Listen Mack!" Evie hollered, desperate to tell me her new secret.

She had been bugging me to call her all week so that she could reveal whatever was on her mind to me, but our schedules always managed to collide differently.

With out time zones and all, of course.

"Okay, okay, spill." I urged, twisting around on the bed at the amazing hour of 5 AM on one of my only free practice Saturdays.

The things I do for this bitch.

She had practice in an hour, so I reassured her that it was nothing.

"I may or may not be messing around with Emazia's boyfriend." She mumbled, barely coherent if I wasn't listening intently.

"You're lying." I deadpanned, surprised but not surprised.

Before I had left, we had had discussed this topic. She liked Julian for sure but their relationship was strained. After all, Emazia wasn't a close friend but still.

In the end, Evie had planned on waiting out her feelings, deciding that not acting on her feelings would save a friendship.

"He made the first move Mack," She groaned, clearly stressed, "Julian had told me they broke up over mutual differences and he came to me."

I sigh, already seeing the drastic turn this was going to take.

"We had been steady keeping the relationship on the downlow but today during my lecture I heard Emazia saying she planned on taking Julian to see her family." Evie explained.

"Babes, ask him. Julian needs to know that he can only choose one and you won't settle being the other girl, would you?"

"No, of course not."

"Then let him be a big boy and choose. If he really told you that they broke up and all that, let him explain himself."

"You're right bitch, how could I just let myself be blind sighted by some good d—"

"Okay, that's all I needed to hear." I chuckle, putting a bra on as I look through my closet for something comfortable.

"How are you and you know?" Evie prodded.

After a while, I decided to confide to her about Adrian, not wanting to keep this secret from my best friend.

"Good—amazing actually." I replied, sounding awestruck.

"It seems real distant, we haven't done anything except occasionally talk and make out." I reply, almost ashamed of what I found myself doing in California.

"Does your brother know?"

"Nope and I don't plan on—"

My voice is drowned out by a series of squeals and 'oh my gods'.

"Evie? Evie?!"

"Honey, you better tell him soon." She mutters, before calling me on FaceTime.

"What do you—"

"It was just yesterday when Mr. Hot and Handsome, Adrian Heath was spotted getting in a car with his mysterious blonde beauty." Some random lady announced, pointing to a picture that was edited onto the gossip channel's screen.

"Will we be seeing more of the two or is Heath himself trying to keep her away from the spotlight?"

They went on to introduce who Adrian was, his past love experiences and 'basic' information.

"Oh shit." I mumbled, looking through the screen.

Evie flipped the camera back to herself before replying, "Oh shit is right Mack."

"Look, I got to go, but make sure you say some shit to Justin before he chops off your Greek god's balls."

I nod and tell her goodbye, earning a blowing kiss and the annoying sound of an ending FaceTime.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck."

Quickly, I throw on a shirt that belonged to Adrian when he ended up crashing in my room one night, leaving a pair of spandex on.

I swear, I live in spandex.

Tiptoeing, I manage to slip myself into Adrian's room.

He was sleeping on his stomach, his toned back displayed as it was kissed by the morning rays. The sheets lazily covered his lower region, his chest moving up and down.

Jesus, what a creep.

"Adrian." I poked, hoping that he would wake up.

He grunted before facing me and peeling open an eye.

As if it was planned, he pulled me down next to his, crushing me with his arm as he pulled me into his naked torso tightly.

"Adri...Adri..." I poked once more, earning a couple more grunts.

"Hm?" He asked, his morning voice still deep after what seemed like an eternity.

I release myself from his grasp before sitting myself up to look at him and groan.

"If you don't wake up right now, you might be dead without preparing." I whispered into his ear.

With that, he opened both eyes, rubbing them.

"God, damn you look so hot in my shirt." He grins, pulling me into a kiss regardless of his morning breath.

Oh well, he smells like hotness anyways.

"Now isn't the time Adri, we are so fucked." I sternly look at him.

"Great...we need to explain huh?" He groaned, already reading the look on my face.

Yup, we were real screwed.

•••

I feel like I'm writing this book and it isn't that good? Can someone please tell me their honest opinion on the book so far?

If you don't like it, tell me how I could make it better! I want to make this book better but I don't know how:(

Besides that little moment, thank you so much for reading and please vote, comment, follow, and share! Also happy 5th consecutive update!

P.S. Is the book going at a good pace? Is it too fast?

-Anne

•••

Updated: 5•28•18

Updated: 5•28•18