Chapter 18 | Popcorn Got Nothin' On You

"Adrian!" Kenzie called, screaming her head off, "Can you make the popcorn?"

"Yea! I got it!" I replied, making my way to our rarely used kitchen and sifting through the cabinets for a bag of microwaveable popcorn.

It was rare that we ever did a movie night but the whole group did enjoy eating popcorn.

I quickly removed the plastic wrapper and popped it in the microwave for the written time, careful to keep an eye on it as it popped.

I grabbed a clear bowl and some bags of skittles and red vines before emptying the bag of hot and steamy-buttery goodness.

"Got it." I said, making my way upstairs into my bedroom.

I chuckled to myself as I looked around at what she had done to the room, setting up the bed with a bunch of unnecessary pillows and blankets as well as already turning on the TV.

"What movie do you want to watch?" She asks, running over to me and wrapped her arms around me.

I shrugged and gazed down at her, almost trying to figure her her out.

It was times like this that I realized that she wasn't always as badass and fiery as she made herself out to be. Kenzie sometimes wanted to be cute and needed attention too.

I didn't mind.

"How are you feelin' babe?" She asked, her doe-like eyes stared as she looked at me all cutely.

"Why you actin' like this?" I questioned, smirking a little.

"I want the food." She grinned before stealing the popcorn and skittles and walking away, only turning halfway to the bed and winking at me.

There was my Kenzie.

Such a turn on.

Jesus.

"Anyways, what movie?" She asked again, patting the bed next to her.

I climbed in next to her and shrugged, throwing an arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to me.

"Let's watch Infinity War." Kenzie replied, already typing in the name of the movie to the search bar.

Yet another reason why I loved Kenzie.

She never bothered on watching those sappy romance movies every chance she got.

She kept my likes in consideration and gratefully, she enjoyed the same movies too.

Could you really get more perfect than Mackenzie?

The answer is no.

I simply nodded and slid down to rest my head in her lap, causing a small but audible gasp from her.

As the movie start, I found myself drifting in and out of sleep.

Probably from all the meds I took this morning.

"Babe, just go to sleep. You need it." Kenzie whispered, pressing a kiss to my temple.

It was nice to feel loved.

With that, I found myself falling into yet another deep slumber.

•••

Sometimes, I genuinely get bad for Kenzie choosing to be with me.

Like today for example.

I had woken up before her and was now staring at the goddess I call my girlfriend sleep with her neck tilted in an awkward position.

I fixed her neck and laid her down despite known it would already be sore when she woke up later.

It made me mad at myself that my medications and all the shit I did made me tired and that since she was so comfortable to be around, Kenzie easily rocked me to deep sleeps that I desperately needed.

I couldn't be a normal boyfriend for her.

"Adrian?" She asked, stirring a little before her eyes looked up at me.

"Yes?" I replied, taking off my shirt and slipping right back under the covers.

She discretely rolled her neck and muttered a few words before inching closer to me, silently asking me to spoon her.

"You know, I'm really happy with you." She tells me, almost as if she heard my insecurities about being a bad boyfriend.

"Really?" I questioned, inhaling the scent of her subtle floral shampoo.

"Yea, very."

"Me too." I reply, turning to check the time.

As soon as her breath evens out, I sit up and sift through my cabinets for all of my medications before taking them quickly.

I grab some marijuana and light it outside, taking a hit and letting it ease and relax me.

"Babe? What are you doing?" Kenzie groans, her voice laced with fatigue.

"Taking a couple hits, you go back to sleep." I instruct her, not wanting her to see this side of me as much as I could prevent it.

"Are you sure?" She questioned, before hearing no reply and opting for more sleep.

I felt bad.

Why would she willingly put herself through my mess?

Why was I willing to let her?

•••

Okay that's it for that.

Short chapter but I'm really, really tired.

Remember to vote, comment, follow, and share!

Lots of Love,

Anne

P.S. Happy Independence Day!

•••

Updated: 4•4•18

Updated: 4•4•18