Chapter 29 | Back To The Beginning

Adrian: We're broken up.
sent at 2:34 AM

Adrian: Please stay quiet to the press about this. I don't want to have to bring a lawyer into this.
sent at 3:21 AM

Adrian: Delete my number.
sent at 3:23 AM

I looked at the texts as I sat in the airport—finding myself rereading the texts that made me feel like absolute shit inside.

I knew it would be easier if there was no physical way for me to contact Adrian but I couldn't bring myself to delete his number.

How pathetic was I?

He didn't even want me.

He didn't even need me.

And I still hung on like an unwanted pest.

How ironic.

I wanted to see how LA would change me and I came back the way I'm coming home: single.

At this point, I felt numb, dying for a glass of some sort of alcohol to wash the thought of him down and make me forget.

But for some reason, I couldn't stomach the thought of drinking. It made me want to puke.

His face was all over the media.

Pictures of her and him kissing were blasted over social media.

Those suspecting me as some whore in the news that just satisfied his need.

Adrian never once denied anything and had already proceeded to delete the Instagram picture I posted on his account a couple nights ago.

"Flight 387 ready for boarding, Los Angeles, California to Miami, Florida." My head snapped up at the sound of my flight.

I guess this is it.

Justin had made sure I had gotten first-class tickets to make sure I was comfortable before sending me off.

I couldn't help but harbor a feeling of guilt for ruining Justin's relationship with his best friend but I had made him promised me that he would not let this ruin his friendship.

"Can those in first-class make their way up to the line please? We will start allowing passengers to board the plane." The attendant called out.

I made my way to the back of the small line before scanning the airport one last time.

Goodbye Los Angeles.

•••

"AHHHH!!!! MACK! I MISSED YOU!!!!" Evie screamed as she saw me walk out of the gate doors.

After engulfing me in a hug, she pulled away and looked around behind me.

"Did you bring back Adrian?" She questioned, "Or better yet...your brother?" Evie asked excitedly.

I chuckled, "My brother literally ran away at the thought of you."

She pouted before grinning again, "That dickhead. Well? Did you bring back Adrian?"

I shook my head sadly before putting on yet another smile, "N—no, we broke up."

A gasp escapes Evie's lips before pulling me into a hug, "Now that's a dick. Let's go back to my place today, I'll drop you off tomorrow."

I nod before letting her pull me away.

I missed her.

She made me forget about my problems for a moment by making me laugh.