Chapter 19 | Serious Talks And Nutella

"You are not eating that." I fake gasped, looking at her as she strolled through the door with her long ass legs and made her way to the bed with a jar of Nutella and a spoon.

"What?" She asked, opening it up and pealing off the seal.

How did she keep her figure?

It's not fair.

"How do you even—"

"I have a fast metabolism and I workout a lot." She shrugged, licking the spoon clean before letting out an unnecessary moan.

I glared at her and she giggled before continuing her indulgence.

"I'll eat this whole thing clean by myself—" Kenzie warned, handing me a spoon. "It's either you help me, much to my dislike or Ill finish it all."

I chuckled before pulling her closer by the waist and pulling out a spoon of the hazelnut-chocolate-y goodness.

So what?

We make out and share spit all the time.

Deal with it.

"Do you think my brother would ever get it in his head that we are serious?" Kenzie asked, not bothering to look from the TV.

I stayed quiet for a second before letting her rest her head on my shoulder and replying, "I think that we moved a little too fast for his liking."

She shrugged and looked at me.

"But still! It's not fair that he thinks his opinion should overrule ours." Kenzie whined out, crossing her arms over her chest.

This may not be the best time to mention her... assets or... chesticles looked really nice.

"He has no way of knowing how we feel Kenzie." I shrugged, trying to make sense of her brother.

"I still don't see why he can't just let me be happy." She sighed, falling into the pillows behind her, defeated.

"I'm not justifying his actions, but look at me Mackenzie." She turned her head to me and immediately softened her annoyed expression.

"Can you really blame him? I smoke marijuana, granted it's medical, have a shitty background and history, and to top it off have medical problems all while being a busy musician who is rarely home at busy times of the year." I explained, trying to read her eyes.

She looked at me before pulling me into a hug and hiding in the crook of my neck.

"I guess love is a really strong word—" Kenzie started, pulling me a little tighter, "But at the same time, what I feel is so much stronger than just like."

I nod and pull her away a bit to look at her beautiful makeup-less face.

"I know. They don't know about us, babe."

"Sometimes I wished that we could just be normal you know?" She asked, peeking up slightly.

"But normal wouldn't be as fun." I replied, earning a fought-back grin.

"You're right."

"I know, I always am."

•••

"What does it feel like?" Her curious voice inquired, poking the side of my stomach as we laid side by side.

"Hm?"

"Your chronic pain." Kenzie answered, nearly hesitant to ask.

I squeezed her hand before playing with her fingertips.

"It feels like shit to be honest. I hate when people see me when I have them, I feel weak. They hurt like a bitch, the issue itself can bring me to tears. I sucks having to look like a pussy and drink all these medications that doctors claim work but only help slightly. I can go from being happy and just feeling a little tired to throwing up and being sensitive to light and sound. It's a mess." I confided, opting to tell her the whole truth instead of hiding it.

She looked down and I could tell she felt pity for me before speaking up.

"It's not pity." Kenzie mumbled, reading my mind. "I feel guilty for not being there. I was always bitching and probably annoying even if it was your partially your fault." She chuckled.

Damn, how did I get such a perfect girl?

"Don't feel guilty. I've dealt with it all my life and you are nothing but a blessing." I smiled, pulling her close as the movie ending credits began rolling.

"You know, I'm going to have to go back out to Florida at the end of summer right?" Kenzie reminded, touching my stubble from not shaving.

"And I have to head on tour soon." I told her, both of us sitting in a damp silence.

"Let's take it day by day then." She smiled, giving me a peck on the cheek.

I pressed a kiss to her forehead before grinning widely at an idea that popped into my head.

"Here, I have an idea." I announced, pulling out my phone and pulling her body closer to me.

"My manager is gonna kill me later but who gives a fuck." Quickly, I opened Snapchat before kissing her forehead once more with her face buried in my chest and taking a snap with a filter on it.

"What are you doing?" She asked warily, after hearing my ringer go off.

I turned it down before typing a quick message and shutting my phone off.

"You'll find out tomorrow." I teased and put aside the food and snacks before cuddling her.

"Alright."

The message was just enough to cause a storm on Twitter, Instagram, and virtually every gossip platform.

'Nothin better than my baby'

•••

Short chapter but I hope you guys like it.

God damn, why are we at 4K+ reads already? I was so shocked when I saw that my lazy ass already hit 4K+ reads when I was too lazy to upload.

Okay, good news though.

The reason for my late update is that in a few weeks the first book for a series I'm doing is going to be released!

Anyways make sure you guys check my updates and I'll be sure to tel you more!

Please vote, comment, follow, and share!

-Anne

•••

Updated: 7•11•18

Updated: 7•11•18