Chapter 21 | Surprise Bitches

Practice was more tiring than usual but I choose to blame it on all the snacks that Adrian 'coaxed' me to eat yesterday.

What?

The spoon of Nutella was practically calling my name.

"Girl you got slower." Cora chuckled as we waited through drills.

"Well that just means I need to spend more time in the gym to burn off all the junk I ate yesterday." I complained, remembering about how season was just easing in.

"Was it that guy I saw the other day?" Cora asked, peppering the ball back in forth with me as we waited for the girls to finish the second round of drills.

I grinned and she looked at me, "Dude! He looked so damn familiar." Cora yelled, hitting a down-ball out of no where.

I rolled my eyes and I chased after it before sending it back up in the air, trying not to laugh at the irony.

"Stop laughing and let's scrimmage cause Coach is calling for line-up." She quickly glared playfully before smiling and catching the ball between her hands.

We made our way over to the huddle as the coach rounded up the rest who were drinking water.

"Okay, the official start of the season has been pushed 3 weeks from now because the games ended up being mix-booked." She started, "Good news for Mack here because your coach called and said that you're allowed back given circumstances we will discuss later."

The girl whispered as Cora cling tighter to my arm.

"Is it bad that I don't want you to go?" She muttered, sighing.

I shook my head and paid attention to the coach once more as she cleared her throat.

"Today is now the rest period in which the coach can't meet with the players for the next two weeks. The next time we meet, will be the first of official practice and the final lineup will be announced, without Mack this time.

I couldn't help but feel sad and happy all at once with the new news.

No doubt, my parents have decided that I actually could stay alone back in Florida.

"Alright, I expect you ladies to stay in optimal shape and let's have a good practice!"

•••

Practice passed by slowly but sure enough, it was already time to head home for the day.

I knew it was hectic with the news of Adrian but I didn't know to what extent exactly.

That was until I heard my team talking about it.

"Did you hear about Adrian's new girlfriend?" Jeanette asked, her face contorted.

I held back a snort and turned to Cora who was trying to hold back a laugh as well.

"Yea, I heard she's so pretty!" Riley squealed.

Cora stood up and took my hand as an attempt to pull my fat ass up.

"Girl, you're so heavy." She complained playfully, letting out a sigh as she picked me up.