Chapter 17 | Something Close To Happiness

"Okay, so I'm thinking that tour we were talking about is in the works for now

"Okay, so I'm thinking that tour we were talking about is in the works for now." Stevie, our manager informed us via a call.

I sat there fiddling with a gum wrapper as we drove off to an interview.

"I'll send you all a PDF of the tour banner and dates schedules one and a half months from now. Venues will be books by a week and a half from now and since it's U.S. tour we can release the statement for the tour on social media in roughly two weeks."

The four of us agreed and signed off as the black SUV pulled into the backstage lot.

It was a radio interview, not scheduled to be too long so I didn't mind it as much as the others.

As we exited the car, fans held back by security screamed our names and held signs professing their love for us and/or our music.

It was nice to feel appreciated at times.

"Adrian! Adrian! Can you sign this?"

"Oh my god! I love you guys! Y'all are so talented!"

"They're even hotter in person!"

"I've known you guys since the beginning!"

All their love for us was heard from across the street from what I had known, another line had started as well.

Only 5 lucky contest winners were gifted the a seat outside the recording room.

"Okay, get the mics ready! We have 45 minutes till the interview goes live!" A voice yelled out, before people led us to our rooms.

Our back stage necessities like water, snacks, and towels were all stocked on a table to the right as all of us moved to the large L-shaped couch to chill.

After the usual talk about what to say and what not to say on air was over, I whipped out my phone to send a quick snap that read 'I'm bored' to Kenzie.

She confused me.

Yes, she was special to me and I felt the closest thing to love for her but it amazed me how I could just feel this strongly about someone I haven't met for long.

Let alone one of my best friend's sister.

"Yo Adrian." Justin called out, scooting closer to me.

I grunted in acknowledgement.

"So you and Kenzie are good right? Going on your separate ways and shit like that?" He asked, looking at me almost hopefully.

Was I that bad?

"Nah, we both chose to see how this relationship would turn out." I replied, nonchalantly.

"Why the fuck would you decide to do that?" He gritted out, catching the attention of Keith and Nathan.