Chapter 30 | The End For Now

"You have to tell him

"You have to tell him." Evie looked at me before taking a scoop of ice cream.

"What do I say?" I groaned, "Hi, I know you told me to delete your number but I'm pregnant with your child regardless whether you cheated on me or not."

"I don't know...yea?"

I threw myself into the couch and groaned once more.

"Are you going to tell him?" Evie asked, this time joining me on the couch, "—move your feet bitch."

"Of course I have to. There's just one problem." I told her, sitting upright, " He doesn't want anything to do with kids."

"Well that sucks to suck for him doesn't it? He needs to build a bridge and get over it." She rolls her eyes, "It takes two to tango."

I slap her and laugh at the horror on her face, "If you're going to be more abusive than usual when you're pregnant consider me gone for the next 9 months."

"Okay okay. I'll try not to." I grinned, "No promises though."

•••

I watched as they began to set the stage up

I felt like absolute shit and my head was all fucked up.

Regardless, I made my way to the trailer parked outside the arena.

Mackenzie officially left a week ago.

I've gone back to the way I was before her, except worse.

My alcohol tolerance was dangerously high and my limits weren't exactly set in stone anymore. I smoked cigarettes and vaped a lot more than I used to and with chronic pain and marijuana, everything was a shitstorm.

I guess when all that matters leaves you for better or for worse, you begin to spiral down until you hit rock bottom.

There was nothing keeping me sane anymore.

I took the Ziploc from the drawer inside the trailer and rolled myself a blunt before stepping outside to light it.

As I took my first hit, I took my phone and looked at the voicemail I let go through a couple days ago.