Chapter 13 | Finally, A Good Use For The Blender

"Adrian?" I asked, finally opening my mouth since I had started pacing about 10 minutes ago.

It was rare that I was ever this nervous, but I guess I had a good reason to be.

"Yes babe?" He asked, looking at me amused, "Are you finally going to stop walking like a mad man now?"

I roll my eyes, clearly not ready for his bullshit.

After all, Adrian had texted Justin who was an hour away, to come talk about some shit.

That 'shit' being us.

"What are we?"

"Whatever you want us to be."

"Don't give me that reply dipshit, really."

"Look Kenzie, this wasn't how I planned to ask you. But I swear, I really do like you. I'm just trying to figure some shit out but despite that, will you be my girlfriend?" He grins, looking at me with hopeful, goofy eyes.

I smiled, "Yea, I would like that."

"Yea?" He questioned hypothetically, earning a nod from me.

"Good, because I would like it to."

•••

"Yo what you need to — oh, hey Mack." Justin called as he walked into Adrian's room.

He furrowed his eyebrows as if he was trying to decipher the reason being.

I let out a small awkward smile before deciding on starting, "You might want to sit down for this."

"Bitch, are you pregnant? Shit, okay it's a little early but I'll be hear for you. I mean I've always wanted to be an uncle but now is kind of really not the right time. How are you going to compete? Are you ready to be a mom at 23? Holy fuck, I can get you—"

"JUSTIN!" I scream, hoping to et his attention back. His rambles and nonstop talking would one day be the death of me.

"Hm?" He mutters, still thinking about the make believe child that he dreamed up in his weird, possessed mind of his.

"I'm not pregnant." I mumbled, stumbling to find the words to explain.

"You're not? - I mean you're not, that's great! I was afraid I would of had to learn to take care of a baby and you know me, I'm not really cut out for that type of shit. Maybe one day, actually I might just—"

"Dude if you don't  shut the fuck up, I'm going to ask my girlfriend to put a headlock on you."
Adrian told him, glaring him down.

"Honestly bro, shut the fuck up. It only me, you and — oh."

The three of us exchanged glances before Justin decided to speak up.

"What the actual fuck—I mean you know what, I'm cool."

"You are?" Adrian and I say at the same time, not expecting it to be that easy.

"Yea, totally." He mutters, chuckling to himself as he walks out of the door.

"Well that was easy." Adrian announces, puking me in for a kiss.

I quickly push a way before furrowing my eyebrows, "No, it's not."

"Justin?" I called out cautiously, "What are you doing?"

"Nothing much." He hollered back, a little too enthusiastically.

"For real, what are you doing?" I asked again.

"Bring Adrian down here, I found a new use for the blender."