|4|

Please Vote & Comment! 🌹
Happy Tuesday everyone!
5/8/18

_________________

"How about this one?" Lucas said as he showed Diego another example of a beat he had completed a couple minutes ago. Diego nodded his head along, he actually really liked it. Lucas smiled as he watched Diego actually enjoy the beat he had came up with.

"Sounds good, save it with the other two." Diego responded as he took a drink of his energy drink, he should not have partied last night. He knew he had to get up early to start working on yet another album but he really needed the distraction. As much as Diego enjoyed the night, he had woken up with regret. Diego looked over at Steven who was busy writing in his own notebook with a sleeping Leo on his chest. He couldn't help but think would he be the one in that position if Penelope was the one who had been pregnant?

He shook his head mentally, he couldn't think about things like that. There was no point. Diego watched as Leo moved a bit and as if he was scared to wake him up, Steven lightly patted Leo's back.

"I should probably start heading home. Gotta feed this one some dinner." Steven said as he struggled to put his notebook in his backpack. Lucas stood up and helped Steven pack his things up. Diego stayed in his seat as he tried to finish the verse he had in his head before he forgot it.

"I'll see y'all tomorrow." Steven said as he stood up and put the strap of the diaper bag on his shoulder. Diego looked up from his notebook and watched as Steven made his way towards the door. Leo hadn't woken up at all and Diego was actually surprised he could've slept through everything. Lucas had a beat playing loudly and Diego was tempted to tell him to put it down but it was no use, Steven was leaving either way.

"Ight bro, early in the morning, we gotta get started on recording tomorrow." Diego responded and Steven nodded his head, opening the door and leaving. His spot was soon taken over by Nate who was starting the process of rolling a blunt. Everyone was in their own little world, busy doing whatever.

The silence was interrupted by someone's voice. "Yeah, I just got here. Okay, I'll tell him. Bye." Diego looked up to see Ella walk in. She was wearing some shorts and a big hoodie. Her attention was on Lucas, who had red Beat headphones on as he edited some more beats on his computer. Ella threw him a pencil as she sat down on Diego's lap, an action that seemed to annoy Lucas.

"Get my sister off of you, you shit head." Lucas said to Diego as he stood up from his seat. He was getting annoyed and the overprotective brother in him was showing, Diego let out a chuckle and a smirk made its way onto his face. Ella rolled her eyes at her brother as she wrapped her arms around Diego's neck, giving her the chance to play with some of his hair that was poking out of the beanie he was wearing.

"She can do whatever she wants dude." Diego replied as he wrapped his arm around Ella's waist, an action that didn't go unnoticed by Lucas. It was enough to send him over the edge. "Ella, get your shit and let's go home now!" Lucas yelled as he stood up and grabbed his things. Ella stayed sitting on Diego's lap until she felt a nudge.

"You're going to listen to him!?" Ella yelled as she stood in front of Diego. She was obviously hurt and Diego couldn't seem to even feel bad. He really didn't care about her enough.

Lucas stood at the door, ready to leave. Ella let out a scream before she followed close behind him. Diego let out a deep breath and then a small laugh. He was really hitting rock bottom. He was a 23 year old man, what was he doing going after someone who was only 18? Don't get him wrong, Ella was a beautiful girl. There wasn't a person who didn't instantly fall in love with Ella Johnson and her good looks. Well expect for Diego, she just seemed to lack...sass, her hair color wasn't the right color and her blue eyes weren't the light brown with a hint of gold that he missed. They were right when they said that brown eyes are just brown eyes until you date someone who's had brown eyes. You never see the same shade of brown in anyone else again. She wasn't Penelope, no one would ever be Penelope. That was something he needed to understand, somehow.