|22|

D I E G O

______________

The vase of flowers he held in his hand were kind of heavy but the guilt he felt when his plane had landed in LA was enough reason to drive straight to a flower shop, he had managed to get help with picking some out. Diego could only hope that Penelope would like them. It was around noon when he had walked into the lobby of Penelope's apartment building.

His mind was occupied by Michelle, who was more than determined to have Grace find out the truth. Diego couldn't believe that he had managed to wrap himself up in all the drama. He wanted nothing to do with it yet he was at the center of it all.

The vibration he felt on the right side of his pocket was driving him insane, Marcus had been blowing up his phone all morning, it was annoying Diego to no end and he ready to just tell him to go fuck himself. The 'ding' to the elevator brought Diego back to reality as he walked inside. Making sure to press the button for the eighth floor.

Trying to fix himself up a bit, he could feel his nerves coming in. It was a feeling he hadn't felt in a while, he was excited to see Penelope. The thought of having her in his arms sounded perfect and he couldn't wait to see her. The jaguars beanie he had on his head really seemed to bring out the color of his eyes. It was a simple outfit of a black hoodie and yellow/black joggers.

Once the elevator had came to a stop, Diego made his way to Penelope's front door. The vibration of his phone had bothered him again, he was more than ready to tell Marcus to stop but when he pulled his phone out, his heart clenched. It was a quick text message from Michelle. Letting Diego know that her water had broke and she needed him by her side.

Shutting his eyes for a minute, Diego tried to think. Penelope had no idea he was even back in LA, he could easily go back to Texas without her knowing. Putting his phone back in his pocket, Diego had made his choice as he placed the vase in front of Penelope's door. Letting out a deep sigh, Diego knocked on the door two times and walked away.

What was his excuse going to be this time?

___________

P E N E L O P E

The smell of someone smoking weed was so strong, Penelope couldn't help the confusion she felt. All her windows were closed and she was home alone.

Quickly getting out of the shower, Penelope tightly wrapped a towel around herself. Making her way out of her bedroom and into her living room, she took small steps. The first thing she noticed was the smoke that was in the air. Grace was seated on the couch, her back facing Penelope, who could see the joint that was in her hand.

"Grace.." Penelope whispered. The fact that Grace had shown up in her apartment and used the emergency key was clear enough that something was definitely wrong.

"Did you know?" Grace didn't bother to even say hi as she asked the question. What exactly was Grace going on about?

"Did I know what Grace? What's going on?" Penelope replied right away as she walked further into her living room. Fixing the towel she still had wrapped around herself, Penelope sat down next to Grace, her tear stained face made Penelope worry. What in the hell was going on? Sniffing and wiping away the tears that were starting to fall again, Grace turned to look at her best friend.

"That Marcus is about to have a baby." The words left Grace's mouth and Penelope's eyes opened wide, she definitely had no idea.

_____________

07/25/18

A short, short update cause I hadn't updated in like a week 😭

I'll probably be updating again today.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment! ❣️