|21|

________

THREE DAYS AFTER THE APPOINTMENT

G R A C E

_______________

_______________

The moment Grace opened her eyes, she somehow knew that it was not going to be her day. It was an unusually cloudy day in LA and the only thing that crossed her mind was how much the weather represented her mood. The left side of the bed was empty, something she was use to by now. Marcus started making a habit of not coming home some nights, his presences in the studio was needed as he was one of best upcoming music producers. The white walls that were decorated in photos of them both made her heart skip a beat, she was so in love with him. A small smile made its way onto her face as she stood up from the bed, ready to get the day over with. Getting somewhat ready, she put on a hoodie and slipped on her Ravenclaw slippers. A gift from Marcus when they celebrated Christmas together for the first time. Deciding to keep on the shorts she had slept in, Grace put her cell phone to charge and tried to think about what she needed to do today.

The last two weeks had been long and hard. She was currently filming a Disney movie, her last Disney movie before she switched over to a much serious role in a new TV show that even Penelope was going to be apart of. Picking up the clean and folded shirts that belonged to Marcus, Grace put them away in their rightful place. Making sure to separate his gym shirts and putting them with the rest, the sound of paper was made when she placed the shirts inside the drawer. Curiosity got the best of her as she searched through the shirts, trying to find the paper that had made a noise.

An envelope with Marcus's name on the front was the source of the sound. Who had written him a letter? It was ripped on the side, Marcus had already opened it. Grace didn't know what she expected to find when she slid the paper out of the envelope. Confusion was all that was felt as she pulled out the paper, it was a picture.

It was a picture of an ultrasound. Why did Marcus have this hidden in his drawer? Who's ultrasound picture was it? The image of a baby was clear as day and all Grace could do was look around the room, this had to be some type of prank that Marcus had set up to see her reaction. Expect, it wasn't a prank.
Her heart broke as she took a closer look at the picture. The name and date were printed so clearly. The feeling of someone knocking the air out of her was all Grace felt as she took a double take on the name.

Michelle Cruz.

Grace had hoped and prayed that she'd never have to see that name again. Memories of the text messages Marcus had in his phone were clear in her head. Grace didn't know if she wanted to cry or laugh. Today was definitely not her day.