|18|

SOMEWHAT MATURE CONTENT

______________

The tension between Diego and Penelope could be cut with a butter knife. They were slowly making their way inside of the beach house, it was just seven in the morning. The night had been spent with both of them just talking. Penelope talked about her situation with her Dad and Diego talked about the pressure of an album and the problems he was having with his family.

The flowers that Diggy had tried giving Penelope were still by the front door. Diego didn't try to hide the little kick he gave them. Penelope grabbed her keys and opened the door, letting Diego walk inside first. His hand was wrapped around in a wrap that the doctor had given him. The kiss that they both had shared was still filling Penelope's mind.

"You can take the guest bedroom." Penelope told Diego as she kicked off her white sneakers. "There's towels and extra blankets in there." She said as she pointed at the door. "Let me know if you need anything." Penelope said as she turned around to walk into her bedroom.

"Thank you, Lupe. For everything." Diego awkwardly looked down at his hand that was wrapped up. He needed to look away from Penelope because even though they hadn't gotten any sleep, she looked as breathtaking as usual and he was only man, he couldn't help himself when it came to her.

Shaking her head, both of them turned around to open their doors but before Diego could even touch the door knob, Penelope had spoken up. "I missed you a lot Diego." He turned around at her words. They had talked already, he knew she missed him. Just like he had missed her. "I mean like..I miss having my best friend by my side." Penelope confessed as she stepped a bit closer to Diego.

Lifting up his good hand, Diego pulled Penelope closer, giving her a kiss on the forehead. "I missed my best friend too, Lupe." Diego whispered back as his lips were still placed against her skin. Penelope couldn't help herself when she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him and taking in his scent.

The scent of cologne and backwoods were like home to her after so long. Diego didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around her too, pulling her close to his chest. The close contact between the two definitely had shifted their emotions. Penelope couldn't help it as she moved her arms up, so they were wrapped around Diego's neck. Pulling herself up so their lips could touch. His lips molded perfectly onto hers, they both couldn't keep their hands off of each other.

Diego made sure to pick Penelope up, his hands grabbing onto her ass. The distance from the hallway and the guest bedroom wasn't far at all as Diego made his way inside. Their lips not parting from each other at all, not wanting to break up the moment they were sharing. The sound of the birds chirping and the waves crashing made the whole thing seem more romantic than it really was.