|6|

___________

It was Monday afternoon when Justine and Penelope had decided to meet up for lunch. Monica was off with Steven's Mom planning Leo's 2nd birthday party and Grace was busy filming a Disney movie. So that left the two girls to hang out with each other, not that they minded. They had spent six months apart and they missed each other.

Justine was the first one to stepped into the restaurant they had chosen. Penelope quickly followed behind, she was glad that the restaurant had air conditioning. It was a good 89 degrees outside and Penelope had chosen to wear a simple outfit that consisted of a white tank top and a white mini skirt, her red purse brought color to her outfit. Her black and white plaided heels tied the whole outfit together. Justine was wearing something completely different, wearing a floral black romper, a pair of tan gladiator sandals completed her look.

The hostess gave both the girls a beautiful smile and led them to their table. Giving them their menus and telling them that their server would be right with them. Penelope gave her a nod and a smile as the hostess walked away.

"How's everything going with Tatiana?" Penelope questioned her best friend. Since she had recently announced that they were getting back together, Penelope hadn't been able to have a one on one with Justine.

Justine looked over the menu and shrugged her shoulders. "Good honestly, we're looking at some apartments today. You should come with us." Justine said not looking up from the menu. Penelope could feel that something was bothering Justine, she wasn't acting like her usual cheery self. Penelope didn't see the harm on asking her if something was wrong.

"What's going on Jay? You're acting weird, are you having second thoughts about Tatiana?" Penelope questioned as she closed her menu, showing Justine that she had her undivided attention. Justine shook her head right away as she did the same thing with her menu.

"No, no. It's not that Pen, it's just.." Justine didn't know what she was doing. Was she really going to tell Penelope about her brief interaction with Diego? Was it even worth bringing up? The thought of the pact they all made freshman year crossed Justine's mind as she opened her mouth and said "I saw Diego yesterday."

It took Penelope a couple seconds to register what Justine had said and she felt herself getting nervous for some reason. "Where?" Penelope questioned a couple seconds later. Trying to remember everywhere they had gone was hard but Penelope knew that she never really left Justine's side. All four girls had spent the entire day with each other yesterday, so where could Justine have possibly seen him?

Clearing her throat and biting her bottom lip, Justine wasn't sure why she told her. It wasn't a big deal, at least not to her, this probably meant something to Penelope. "At Monica and Steven's, when you and Monica were dancing to that song by Ozuna and I went out to throw away trash, I caught him walking away from the door." Justine took a second to look at Penelope, she wasn't looking at anything specific but you could tell she was overthinking. "He met Diggy actually." Justine added on a few minutes later. She had said it so casually that Penelope almost let it fly over her head. Her heart clenched at the thought of both her boys meeting each other. Having them both in the same room.

"I never told him about Diego." Penelope admitted as she looked back down at her menu. Before Justine could point out that it was the first time she had said his name the waitress came to their table asking them if they were ready. Both girls nodded their heads and ordered their favorite, French toast with strawberries on the side and some hash browns.