|7|

________

There's a quote that Diego saw a couple months ago that for a brief moment made him think about Penelope. As much as he tried to make it look like he had moved on Penelope, everyone who really knew him, would know that he still cared about her. A lot more than he actually liked to admit.

"Her smile had stolen my heart from the stars."

Looking over to his left, where brown hair was scattered on his white pillow, Diego knew for a fact that no matter how much time he'd spent with Ella, she would never give him the feeling he was missing. She wasn't the one. There was a small moment last night when they had finished having sex and she just laid next to him and when Diego closed his eyes, he thought about Penelope. He thought about the last moment he had spent with her not knowing fully that it was officially the last time.

As he stood up from his bed, Diego looked around his room. His bed was in the center, right in front of his big flat screen. He quietly turned the tv on and his gaming console on. It was 1o in the morning and he knew he needed to be in the studio later so some video games to kill some time would have to do.

Marcus was suppose to pick him up soon, they were all suppose to do some recording. The sound of his phone vibrating got him out of his train of thought, grabbing his phone. He gave Ella one last glance and walked out of his room and into his living room.

Pizza boxes and a blue bong were on the coffee table. After Diego's introduction to Diggy, he had picked up Ella. They smoked, ate pizza and then took things to the room.

Regret washed over him, Lucas was going to be pissed. His comment on his Instagram picture was evidence enough. Walking into his kitchen, Diego looked for a cup. He was thirsty and hungry, should he wake Ella up and take her out for some breakfast? He shook his head, he definitely wanted to be alone and just think.

It was Monday and he knew that on Saturday, he'd be in Malibu. At Penelope's beach house. Her fucking beach house.
The thought of seeing her again made him nervous. What would he even say to her? They had ended things in a shitty way and what Diego had done, didn't help at all. Slipping on his shoes and grabbing a hoodie. Diego walked out of his apartment, making sure he had everything he needed.

Cash. Check
Keys. Check
Card. Check

Diego turned around to face his door, ready to lock it when he heard it. It had been two years since he heard it but he could recognize that laugh anywhere. It was her. She was close. Diego turned to look to his left and there she was. Walking out of the apartment next door to him. His heart was racing and he could feel his hands get clammy.

She was walking out of the apartment with Justine and another girl. The manager of the building was close behind them. Was she moving in?

All three girls hadn't noticed him yet, they stood waiting for the manger to lock the apartment up, Diego panicked because the moment the door was locked. She would see him. They would be face to face after so long. So Diego made the decision to walk away, again.

He was so close too. Until his front door opened and Ella stepped out. Wearing a shirt that had Xanarchy write on it. A fit her a size too big and it was enough to show that the shirt wasn't hers, it was his.

"Where are you going Diego?" Ella questioned as she crossed her arms. Her voice had caught the attention from Penelope, Justine and the manager. The other girl Diego had noticed was a few feet away, talking on the phone.