one

june 5, 1985

i woke up to the loud stomping of feet above my room, my brother and his friends were home for the weekend to help me pack up and get ready to leave for their place in california for the summer. i cursed their loudness for a moment as i laid in my bed, not wanting to move but forcing myself up as the sunlight poured in from outside, the light drowning my room as i looked out my windows to see everything going on.

there were at least four construction and moving trucks across the street, five trucks parked in front of my friend sams house next door, but nothing else exciting going on, a normal day at the mckagan household.

i made my way downstairs wearing one of duffs old brewery shirts and a pair of my black spandex shorts, my usual outfit that i sauntered around the house in. as i walked down the bottom five steps the boys came into view, i had remembered them all quite well as this wasn't our first time meeting.

"damn, if i lived here no work would ever get done." i heard axl say as he sat in the chair across from the bottom step in which my feet had landed on, i cocked an eyebrow at him and watched as duffs hand cut through the air and met with the back of axls head.

"hey, that's my sister, ya horny fuck." duff laughed as he rolled his eyes and sat back down on the couch. i just shook my head and smirked to myself, making eye contact with steven before winking at him and slowly strutting myself over to axl as i sat on his lap and ran a hand through his strawberry blonde hair.

he bit his lip softly and ran his fingers along my thighs, axls eyes glued to my body. i looked up momentarily to see duff close to blowing a gasket, i smirked and winked at him and he settled himself down.

i stood up from axls lap and walked into the kitchen so i could escape the boys and their annoying silence.

"boys did you see that?" i heard axl yell, i slowly leaned against the wall to eavesdrop to what he was saying, "she's totally into me." axl spoke pridefully as he leaned back in his chair.

the whole room erupted into laughter and i just shook my head and sat on the kitchen counter, running my fingers along the cold marble countertops.

"aye, how's the babysitting gig?" i heard the familiar voice approaching me, i looked up from the marble and smiled at the dark curly haired guy who stood in the doorframe of the kitchen.

i laughed softly at him question and shook my head, "actually, i'm a nanny," i pointed out pridefully, "and it's going pretty good, can't complain too bad. how's the music business?" i winked over at him.

"pretty good, need a new guitar though, duff was fuckin around and broke my gibson." slash laughed softly as he ran a hand through his lion mane like hair.

i nodded, "sounds like duff." i laughed and leaned back slightly as he walked more and more into the kitchen. he grabbed a bottle of jack daniels from the fridge and sat on the counter with me, cracking open the new bottle and taking a swig from it before offering the bottle up to me.

these boys drank at any hour of the day, it didn't matter, they'd have alcohol for breakfast and that's exactly what slash was doing.

i didn't really care for the whiskey he was offering me but i took it anyways, i took a couple shots of the bottle before giving it back to slash, receiving a smile and nod of approval from him. not many girls he knew could shot whiskey let alone without a chaser.

"slash! come on, let's go we gotta go meet the girls at hellhouse!" axl yelled from the living room causing mine and slash's peaceful moment to be ruined. he rolled his eyes and jumped off the counter.

"duty calls." he smirked over at me and raised the bottle in my direction before disappearing from my sight.

i sighed and jumped off the counter, stumbling a bit due to the alcohol on an empty stomach and the high drop off. i walked into the living just to catch duff slamming the door behind the boys as all the idiots piled into izzy's van.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

i sat on the living room floor watching the tv blankly, not caring or paying attention to what was going on with it. i heard footsteps approaching the front door and cocked an eyebrow as the door handle turned, busting through the door was izzy singing to himself, his hat nearly falling out of his dark hair. his arm wrapped around steven as his curly blonde hair was caught beneath izzy's arm.

"round and round! what comes around goes around! i'll tell you whyyyyyyy!" izzy and steven sung together as they began to drunkenly walk up the stairs to duffs room. stumbling up almost every step as they gripped tightly onto the hand railing.

"you make the night! i always cross the line!" axl sung as he walked into the house, a tight death grip of duffs should as duff danced to the words axl was singing. duff purposefully running axl into the banister and the two boys laughing their heads off, duff clutching his stomach from laughing so hard.

"i hate drunk people." slash laughed as he was last to walk inside, helping usher the boys upstairs, himself being half crocked from the partying and drinking. he began to walk upstairs, his mass of hair caught in his face making his vision even worse. i walked up to where he was on the steps and wrapped an arm around his torso, helping him upstairs. his large hands running through my curly hair as he smiled down at me.

"mm, thank you heather." slash mumbled into my hair as he kissed my head softly.

"you're welcome, slash." i smiled up at him and sat him on the floor in duffs room where the rest of the boys resided.

"baby sis," duff slurred out. i wasn't much younger than him at all, just three years younger. "are you all packed and ready yet?" he questioned me as his eyes weren't even open.

the day he turned 21 his alcohol intake got even worse, just four months after turning 21 my brother has been drinking a bottle of vodka a day.

"yeah michael, i'm all packed up." i smiled at him and he thrusted his fist into the air with excitement.

"yesssssssss." he cheered softly, nodding his head as his fingers ran through the shag carpet.

"packed for what?" slash cocked his head to the side as he looked me up and down and then at duff.

"shithead is coming to l.a. with us for the summer." duff smiled over at slash and the other boys.