two

i watched as duffs lanky body slowly began to fall down the wall, lying on his side as he smiled up at me and leaned his head on my left leg, "baby sis." he whispered out.

"yes duff?" i questioned him as i looked down at the drunk and tired person i called my brother.

"we're leaving tomorrow." he blurted out causing my heart to go into a small panic, i knew we were leaving soon but not that soon. i internally calmed myself and nodded at his statement before standing up and walking to the doorframe.

"where do you think you're going?" i heard axl question behind me, between his words the silence was filled with him drunkenly standing to his feet and walking up to me to stop me. i turned around slowly and smirked at him as i laid a hand on his shoulder.

"i'm going to get naked," i paused and looked at axls eyes and watched as they turned hungry with lust, immediately finding myself in trouble, "and shower." i finished and felt his hands grip my hips as he pulled me closer to him causing me to laugh softly and his lust die.

"think of me." he whispered to me before dropping his hands and sitting back on the floor next to slash who was playing around with duffs bass and trying to make music out of it. he looked a bit angered but i discarded it to the back of my mind and left the room.

¥¥¥

i walked into my room to find my two suitcases gone as well as my bag i carried around with me everywhere. i began rummaging through my room as i had seen it no longer than five minutes ago due to the fact that i wanted orange juice.

i began to panic slightly as we were leaving today and duff would kill me if i wasn't ready, throughout my panicked mania run around i heard duff yelling at me from downstairs.

"yo, heather, let's go, we're gonna catch traffic if you don't bust your ass!" he yelled up as me as i stopped what i was doing, silence grew in the house and i suddenly didn't feel alone anymore.

i quickly turned around, now facing the doorway with a silver bat in my hand just in case. my eyes meeting the legs of my best friend sam.

"fuck sam, you nearly gave me a fucking heart attack!" i yelled out and held my tight hand to my chest to slow my breathing.

"fuck me, sorry. didn't mean to scare you." she laughed loudly as she sat on my bed and leaned back onto her forearms.

"what are you doing here anyway?" i questioned her as i pulled out a cigarette from my dresser and lit it up, the burning ember supposed to help me calm my nerves and breathing.

"you really don't remember?" she questioned me as she cocked an eyebrow at me and placed her hands on her hips. "i'm going to california with you, dipfuck." she spoke in a duh tone as she threw her hands in the air.

"where's your shit?" i questioned her and she smiled at me and shrugged.

"i have it to axl to take to the car."

"right now he's probably looking through your bag to find your thongs. with his priorities he's probably hoping they're dirty too." i laughed over at her as i watched her cringe. i took a long drag from my cigarette and blew out the smoke slowly.

"hey asshole!" i heard sam yell as she was basically out the now opened window. "i don't wear underwear!" she yelled down at axl who was zipping her bag up and putting it in the trunk.

i knew the words she spoke were lies, but sam wanted to play different today so i went along and let her do her thing.

"i'll believe that when i see it!" axl yelled back up and i just rolled my eyes, walking downstairs with my cigarette dangling between my lips as i pulled on my leather jacket.

"come on sam, we gotta hurry!" i yelled as i grabbed her arm and ran to the car parked outside. more like a van.

in the backseat was izzy, steven, and slash. izzy was playing around with his guitar while steven was tapping on the seats with his drum sticks, the two trying to form a song out of boredom. slash's fingers dancing along the window on his side as he ran a hand through the curled mass of hair he had. a cigarette hanging from his plump lips.

sam and i took the two seats in the middle row, she was shuffling a deck of cards we stole from a casino last weekend.

"so heather, you wanna play rummy?" sam questioned me as the cards evenly shuffled through her hands with ease. i nodded and looked back at steven who had a huge grin on his face as he poked slash with his drumstick.

"you boys want in?" i questioned as i broke the silence in the back row of boys.

"got nothing better to do." izzy shrugged and steven smiled widely as he nodded his head excitedly.

"i love card games!" he yelled out and set his sticks next to him, slash just sighed and leaned forward signaling that he would play.

in the driver and passenger seats were duff and axl, duff driving of course. i looked at the pair of boys and just shook my head as axl was singing along to the radio, round and round by ratt playing as axl danced in his seat, duff playing the air guitar on the steering wheel as we tore off down the highways.

about four hours into the drive we were all sick of card games, axl had fallen asleep in the front seat, izzy and steven doing the same in the back. sam was off in lala land deep into the song playing in the background. rock you like a hurricane by scorpions playing.

i looked behind me to see a cloud of smoke around slash, the red lit cigarette lighting his face as it was covered by his hair. staring out the window as he watched the buildings pass by us, our speeds much too fast as we zoomed down the freeways toward california.

i looked slash to grab his attention without waking the others and he just cocked an eyebrow at me. before i could get a word out he shook his head and looked out the window.