seven

after splashing around in the ocean for a few hours i ran back to shore onto the beach and laid down on my towel, the sun beaming down on me as i put on my sunglasses to lessen the sight of the bright rays.

all the boys were still out playing in the water like children, i had never seen this side of them, it was as if they were five year olds trapped in young adult bodies.

izzy was actually smiling and laughing, running away from axl who was planning on getting izzy back from splashing so much. duff was jumping around in the water trying to jump over the waves. steven was digging in the sand under the water to attempt to find pretty shells, but also spastically jumping up and running around like a maniac. slash was different, he wasn't running around chest deep in the water, he was cautious. he had never been to the ocean before because when he was younger his mother always told him only scary things about it like drowning.

i stood up from where i was laying and walked over to slash who was some what getting familiar with the raging waters, i stood next to him and wrapped an arm around his upper torso to let him know i was there and make my presence known.

"first time?" i questioned him as he jumped a bit. he laughed softly and shook his head, pushing his gorgeous hair out of his face.

"that obvious?" he laughed in response. i shrugged my shoulders and he smiled down at me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders as he pulled me close.

"let's go deeper in," i began and he let out a loud cackle, throwing his head back. i gasped and hit his chest playfully as i laughed. "into the ocean, you perv."

"yeah, sure." he giggled and shook his head, i looked over at him and scowled, smacking the back of his head. "damn heather, okay you win." he laughed, i smiled and took his free hand and held onto it as we walked farther into the open water. little kids running past us but then getting cut short as their mothers would yell at them for going too far. slash and i were to the point where we were waist deep, he squeezed my hand tightly once a wave hit us. i rubbed my thumb along the back of his hand to reassure him. he kissed my cheek softly before we both smiled, i blushed a deep rose color and we continued to go deeper in the water.

at this point the water was to his ribs, reaching my underboob as i shivered a bit causing goosebumps to flood my body. he laughed down at me and we watched as duff came out of nowhere and tackled axl into the salty water, the two of them going down. steven of course, not wanting to miss the fun joined in, everyone splashing izzy in the process. i laughed as these boys just let loose. i started to walk back to shore, before i could get far slash grabbed my arm and cocked an eyebrow.

"where do you think you're going?" he laughed as he pulled me closer to and and deeper into the water.

"slash come on i can't touch over there." i motioned to him in the direction he was pulling me. i could tell that he just wanted to explore.

"just a little farther? please?" he begged as he pulled me out a little more, the water now up to my shoulders and i felt a bit of panic.

"slash this is far enough." i argued as i stopped walking and planted my feet in the soft sand.

"heather, this is my first time in the ocean, come on." he spoke a little louder, raising his voice at me.

"slash, this is deep enough, add in the elements of waves, the current and wind you're fucked if you go any farther." i pointe out and he just scowled at me, "slash i'm happy you're having fun but-" he cut me off.

"but it's too dangerous, yeah, thanks mom." he threw at me and splashed me with a ton of water.

"you asshole!" i yelled and splashed him back but four more times constantly. he turned toward me and ran at me, i yelled out and tried running through the water. slash grabbed me by the waist and pulled me back to him, his tight grip on my ribs causing me to laugh as i was most ticklish there. he looked at me a bit confused and a wide smirk grew on his face. he began tickling me like crazy, i fell into his arms due to my now weak stature and he smiled and looked down at me. he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear as he looked down at me, the sunlight casting a glow behind him. he placed his hand on my cheek and leaned down, kissing me softly. i immediately fell into it, i had missed his lips and wanted nothing more.