fifteen

june 29, 1985, saturday.

sam and i had the day off today and it just so happened we were moving into the new apartment today, sam and i were left out of the decision making process, i'm not sure why but that's just how it played out. my bag was packed, i had everything i needed but the boys on the other hand still didn't have a single thing packed. i walked into stevens room and he was staring at the ceiling intensely as if he were waiting for it to move. i decided to intrude on his dazed state.

"good morning, steven." i smiled as i walked inside and sat on his bed, he looked over at me and just smiled.

"hey," he began as he looked over at me, "how's the lovely lady?" he smiled as he leaned back on his bed.

"pretty good, and yourself?"

"pretty alright, damn tired though." he laughed as he scratched the back of his neck, "i can't believe we're leaving this place." he sighed.

"it'll be alright," i smiled at him as i rubbed his back, "you should get packing okay? we don't have all day."

"alright," steven spoke as he got off his bed and pulled out suitcases and boxes. i left the room and walked down the hall, i passed by izzy's room and he was all packed and ready to go, axl was complaining to himself the whole time he was packing. i approached slashs room and saw him smoking a cigarette and throwing everything into boxes making no effort to organize.

"i hope you know where everything is," i laughed softly as slash stood up straight from bending over in the corner and shook his head as he laughed.

"you got a better way to do it?" he questioned as he leaned against his wall that resided beside the open window.

"just hurry," i shook my head and left the room, sam was helping duff pack everything. after about two hours we were finally ready to leave, i was feeling extremely anxious because i want to see the apartment, i was hoping i would like it but i didn't set my hopes too high because after all they were the boys.

we all piled into the vans and realized we had too many things, slash, axl, and i ended up having to stay and wait for the second car ride because we couldn't fit everything in just one. the anticipation was killing me and both slash and axl knew it.

"yo slash, can you believe the apartment we got?" axl began as he looked over at slash, "three bedrooms for that high rate is wild but it's so worth it when we have that brick wall view." he teased, slash looked at him funny and confused before catching on.

"oh yeah man, total steal in my opinion." he nodded as we finally saw the van coming down the street, my excitement had diminished as i didn't want to live in a three bedroom with a shit view. i stayed silent as izzy drove us back to the new apartment, we drove past many nice and brand new houses that could pass for mansions that i would love to live in one day. i noticed something's missing.

"hey izz," i paused, "where's the other three?" i asked.

"steven went to the beach to snag us a nice spot," he smiled as he looked at me through the near view mirror, "as for sam and duff, well they're probably breaking in their room." he laughed as he continued driving.

"oh that's just gross izzy!" i laughed as i leaned forward in my seat, "so who's rooming with who since there's only three bedrooms?" i questioned and he looked back at me confused and laughed softly.

"well your brother and are probably going to want a room together and we'll figure out the rest once we get there." he smiled, we continued driving for another five minutes before izzy parked the car and we all got out. i wasn't paying much attention, i just grabbed my bags and walked up to the thirteenth floor in which our apartment was located.