fourteen

june 27, 1985, thursday.

i woke up to an empty bed, the cold air conditioner coating the bed i was occupying, i tried covering myself even more with the blankets but found no luck, this time the vent had won. i got out of bed and scratched the back of my head as i walked to the door, i caught a slight glimpse of myself as i walked past slashs dresser, i gave myself a double take, looking in disbelief as i hadn't quite processed my appearance. i shook my head and walked out of the room, steven was passed out on the couch. axl sat at the dining room table flipping through the newspaper with a cup of coffee in hand. he looked up from the black and white paper and smiled at me, giving me a wave before staring back down at the paper.

"how'd you sleep?" axl asked, his deep voice breaking the silence that resided between us, i walked over to the coffee pot and grabbed a coffee mug from the cupboards.

"i slept okay, i think." i laughed softly as i poured myself a cup of coffee, "i don't really remember much in all honesty, last thing i remember was being at the rainbow and drinking." i admitted as i poured in lots of creamer, i walked over to the table and sat in the chair next to axl, "how'd you sleep, rose?"

"i slept alright," he nodded as he took a sip of his coffee, "last night was a crazy one for sure." he laughed softly as he read the different articles in the newspaper.

"hey, ax," i began as i took a drink from my hot coffee, the glass nearly burning my fingertips as i set it down on the wooden table, "what exactly happened last night?" i questioned, my curiosity getting the best of me like always.

"you got really drunk heather," axl laughed as he flipped a page in the paper, "slash was worried, he thought you got alcohol poisoning or something." he shrugged, his eyes never left the newspapers.

"speaking of," i trailed off as i looked around our surroundings, "where is slash, hell, where is everyone?"

"well we needed food so izzy and slash went to the grocery store, your brother and sam wanted to go for a walk but that was about an hour ago so i bet money that they're having sex at a park right now." axl laughed, disgust washing over my face at the thought of my brother having sex. i punched axl in the arm as he purposefully spoke his vulgar words to me, he was laughing like a mad man in his seat. i shook my head and looked over at steven on the couch.

"oh yeah, he's been passed out for the past few hours." axl spoke, clearly talking about steven as he didn't even look up from the newspaper he was reading.

"it's it about time he woke up?" i asked as i looked at steven who was passed the fuck out.

"nah, let the poor guy sleep, he barely got any last night cause he was buggin out about you." axl spoke nonchalantly as he finally found the funnies comics in the newspaper, reading up on what everything was up to today. i stood up from the table and took my coffee over to where steven was sleeping, his body sprawled along the couch, his left leg hanging off the back of it as his right arm draped along the front of it. i sat on the empty space on the couch and softly ran my hands through stevens wild hair, smiling down at his bare back. his back rising and falling slowly as his breathing was at a nice and steady pace. i couldn't help but feel tired as he slept, he was mumbling something softly in his sleep as he shifted a bit. finally i decided to leave him alone and talk with axl once again.

we sat at the table babbling about all sorts of nonsense happening in the news as the door busted open and in came izzy and slash arguing about stupid things. i wanted to tune them out but failed as they were too loud and obnoxious, i would've shut them up until i heard the words escape slashs lips.

"izz, i'm tellin ya, the checkout girl was totally fine." slash explained, "she had a nice rack and everything."

"slash, she was maybe a five, six at most." izzy argued back, "her tits were all she had goin on, plus she wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed." he laughed as he and slash set the groceries down on the counter, i fought the urge to lash out at slash due to the fact that we weren't anything real and that i wanted steven to get some sleep.