eleven

june 25, 1985. tuesday.

i sat in the back of the record store on break, normally i'd be walking the streets to find something to drink but turns out you have limited time on your breaks and my walking around wasn't cutting it. i began rummaging through a bunch of boxes when i found my holy grail, a super bounce ball. i ran around the backroom with it before throwing it against the wall and bouncing it on the floor a whole lot.

my boss leaned his head into the doorframe and stared me down, "you put a whole in my wall and you're paying for it." he threatened. i tossed the ball back in the box and looked around the room, there really wasn't a whole lot it had to offer.

i ended my break early and walked to the store and sat by the record player along one of the walls, i grabbed a pink floyd album, dark side of the moon, and began playing it. the calming music settling my restlessness as i walked back behind the counter and looked through our new shipment boxes. the day fell quickly and i was about to leave for the night when the door opened and the bell sounded.

"sorry," i began, "we're clos-" i stopped st i looked up and saw slash pushing through some records we had on sale. the van halen and aerosmith records being the ones he picked out and placed them on the counter, not speaking a word.

i rung up the items and looked up at him as he had his usual cigarette in his mouth, "i could've brought these home, ya know." i spoke, breaking the dreaded silence.

"you never offered." he pointed out plainly, clearly uninterested.

"you never asked." i laughed softly and placed the two records in the black plastic bag and handed it to him, "see you at the apartment." i spoke and he just walked out of the store without another word.

the rest of the day drug on slowly and i was in need of alcohol. i walked home from the record store and walked into the apartment, loud music blasting from it and the smell of alcohol and pot flooded the rooms, a fucking party?

i shook my head and walked in, slamming the door behind me and finding one of the boys. i watched as axls red hair danced along his body as he was jumping all over the place. i pulled him away from the crowd he was dancing around and looked up at him.

"what the fuck is this?" i asked him, anger prominent in my voice, he reeked of alcohol and pot. he looked at me with wide eyes before a huge smile came upon his face and he wrapped an arm around me.

"heathers here!" axl announced to the drunken mess of people and they all raised their beer bottles and cheered, what are these people on? "it's a party heather!" axl yelled as he motioned to all the people around us.

"yes axl, i realize there's a fucking party going on in our apartment but who set this up?" i asked him, wanting more specific answers. he looked down at me and frowned.

"you sure do talk a lot." axl laughed as he processed my question, "slash threw the party cause he wanted to me some girls and get a little action if you know what i mean." axl smirked as he nodded his head. i felt my heart break, i faked a smile for axl as i nodded my head and began walking through the apartment to find sam or someone to talk to. i felt like i was going to be sick and i didn't want to cry in front of a bunch of strangers.

with no luck in finding sam i found the closest alcohol bottle and began chugging it down to muddle the heartbreak i was feeling inside. i quickly finished the bottle of fireball whiskey and began stumbling along the long hallways. finally striking gold as i found a half full bottle of vodka. i took a few chugs of the bitter alcohol and carried it in my left hand, my right one guiding me along the hallways.

i needed to find a room desperately to lay down and sleep away all the heartbreak i had absorbed. i finally found a door knob and opened the door quickly, the sound of moans stopping as the two naked bodies covered themselves, i rubbed my eyes and saw sam on top of duff.

"oh my god." i spoke calmly as i closed the door and shook my head, i continued down the hallways, bouncing from side to side of the hallway and passing different doors, finally coming up on a familiar one.

i opened the door and dropped the vodka bottle to the floor as i saw a sight i needed least that night. slash and some girl sitting on his bed and making out, my hand flew to my mouth as i bit the skin on my fingers to stop the tears from escaping my eyes, and a horrific cry coming from my lips. slash immediately pulled away from the brunette once he processed the glass bottle making contact with the floor along with the door flying open.

he looked at me dead in the eyes and i saw a flash of regret, i slowly backed out of the room and ran down the hallway, my eyes burning, begging me to release the tears. i soon found stevens room and luckily it was empty. i ran over to his bed and laid on it, curling myself up in his blankets as i finally let my tears flow.

my mind flashing back to the nights i spent with slash, how he held me tight and reassured me that he would keep me safe and protect me. we were two people caught up in the right place at the wrong time.

i hugged onto the pillow beside me and tried to close my eyes to force myself asleep but it only woke me up even more. i head the door knob turn and didn't even dare to look and see who was coming. i buried my face deeper into the pillow as i didn't want to be bothered.

¥¥¥
sorry this chapter is shorter and like probably really shitty. im workin on itttt