Introduction

It's that time. It only happens every 50
years or so.
So once it happens, it's a special time. One of the greatest heirs of the Vallum family is to be crowned, but before the crowning 100 girls are to be selected to reign the world by his side.
Every single girl swoons and prepares to be chosen. They can be submitted by a friend, family member, or just random selection.
The girls who are selected are mostly of some type of wealth. Due to the Vallum family being one of the most prestigious vampire families in the world. They hold a one of a kind bloodline. So the selection of the next ruling queen is held high.
In order to qualify the queen must be a human, pretty, and have some type of knowledge of different races.
You also have to be polite and well mannered.
Because all of this will be shown on TV. It's not only a well held event for the family and contestants, but it is also well held for the world to be viewed.
Luckily for me, I know I won't be selected and I don't worry about any of it! I mean who wouldn't want to be rich and a vampire queen? The only problem is you have to accept the fact that you will never see your family once you leave, even if you don't win. That's because if you don't make it to the next round each time, something terrible can happen. That ofcourse is death.
Why?
Because it also takes care of another issue, overpopulation. Yes, it's only like .1% of the population that dies, but it does help.
At the end of the competition, I've heard they line all the old competitors up so they can be sucked dry. For us humans it's a terrifying experience to watch, but for the vampires it's an amazing accomplishment.
They see the beauty in it, because we weak humans are reminded that we are nothing and our lives mean nothing to the vampires.
Ofcouse, none of the girls around me think that way, they just swoon over the possibility of the vampire prince. Everytime my friend Ashly talks about it all I can do is roll my eyes.
She has submitted her profile over a dozen times. I always question her, "What if you lose?"
"Well, it's a death worth having." She always states, which is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
However, like I said. I don't have any plans or hopes of being selected. I mean that's the least I can hope. I really don't want to be even randomly selected. I'm honestly afraid of vampires. Afraid of what they can do.
I pray I'm not selected.