Ten

I gasped the air in as I looked around. Not my room, Matthews room. I could tell, because it smelled like him.
"M-Matthew" I croaked out.
He got up and rushed to my side. "I'm here Annabeth, sweet Annabeth." He said as he stroked my head.
"How am I alive?"
He kissed my cheek, "Vampire blood silly."
My eyes opened wider, "I'm a vampire?!"
He giggled at my ignorance or blurred brainless answer, "No, I used my blood to heal your wounds.. or they are still healing. They were bad, I'm not going to lie. So it's taking a couple of days." He sighed.
"How long as it been?"
"2 days.." he said.
"What happened? Did someone win?" I slurred out.
"Yes, Ashley won the date with me. And the other girls have been eliminated. So we are down to 20 and we will hopefully be going to the castle soon."
My heart thudded in anger and fear for the events I missed. Heat flooded my cheeks as I thought about Ashley being close to Matthew. What am I even thinking? He doesn't even act like he likes me. Maybe he thought I was crazy about him, like the others.
Matthew got up as I sighed. The talk about the competiton made him uncomfortable. I could tell. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up."
"It's okay, your just curious." He said bluntly.
He knows how to make one feel bad for asking.
The pain in my arms began to radiate up to my neck. I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks.
"Ah." I grunted. Matthew turned and looked at me, I could see the fear prickling in his eyes.
"Annabeth. Here."
He quickly bit into his wrist and put it over my mouth and the blood slowly dripped in. It was sweet. Almost like drinking water on an extremely hot day. I didn't want to stop.
He pulled away and the pain went away, "thank you." I said I felt tears prickle down my cheeks more. I felt so weak. So unwanted.
Matthew quickly slid close to me and wiped away the tears on my cheeks. "Please don't cry."
"Why not?"
"Because we are going to fix it."
"I don't think you can fix this." I sniffled and looked away.
"I can fix anything, you would be surprised. Please tell me, what needs to be fixed."
"Me." The answer was too complicated. So I just answered it as simple as I could. He would take it one way or the other.
"No you are perfect the way you are. You are practically smarter than any other girl in the competiton. Your beautiful and you always know the right thing to say."
I sparked at those words, but I didn't know how to respond. I didn't know if he was just being nice.
"Prince." Someone said taking us away from the conversation.
"She's ready."
"Thank you." Matthew nodded towards the stranger.
"Whose she?"
"Ashley, I have my date. If anything goes wrong, I will be back here okay?"
I nodded, feeling the disappointment wash over me. Ashley. How much I have enjoyed her friendship, now I despise her.
Soon enough I was left alone, listening to my own boring thoughts of anxiety. After awhile it got old and boring. I didn't want to think anymore. I didn't want think about what was happening with Matthew and Ashley.
I decided I needed to move. I pulled myself up and the pain radiated throughout me.
I made my way towards the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I was an absolute wreck.
My hair was everywhere, the makeup I had worn was streamed down my face.
The clothes I had on was tattered and stained with blood. This is disgusting.
I made my way towards the closet that held Matthews clothes and found some sweats and a loose fitting shirt. Honestly there was a huge possibility of these clothes being oversized, but it was better than nothing.
Once I got the shower started I stepped in it. The pain subsided to feeling of the water hitting my back and neck. I was careful with my arms, but it felt so good.
My mind had left my body and was in another world. A world of relaxation. I stepped out and got dressed. I didn't realize how much smaller I was compared to Matthew. His clothes could dress me 2 1/2 times over.
I rolled up the sweats at the waist and made it work.
After all of this work and i felt exhausted. I could see the engery and color leaving my face. I think it was time to lay down.
I opened the door and I immediately saw Matthew. He stood at the end of the bed pacing out of fustration and worry, but when he turned and saw me he looked a little shocked.
"What?" I said weakly.
"You.. I thought you left. And..." he stumbled.
"I'm sorry, I just felt gross and I couldn't find anything. I didn't want to ask anyone for help either, because I have to get stronger."
Matthew smirtked. I don't think he was ready for me to be like this. To not want his every assistance and holding on to him everywhere he went. "How did your date go?" I said with a bad taste in my mouth.
He put his hand to the back of his head, "Can I be honest with you?"
I shrugged, "Yes?"
"I don't like Ashley. She hugs on me too much."
Before I could help it a roaring laugh crept from my throat, throwing Matthew off. Then he began to laugh too, "I'm sorry, she is that type of girl."
Weakness started to become of me and I stumbled to the bed. Matthew went to my side as my body hit the soft fluff as hard as possible. I didn't feel good, I felt like I was going to vomit.
My head began to break out in sweats as the cieling went into circles. "Are you okay? You look so pale?" Matthew said.
"I'm just feeling exhausted."
I felt Matthews cold hand above my dry mouth, he began to trickle the blood in between my lips, sending electricity through my body. It was as if someone had done a line, but it relaxed me at the same time.
I didn't want to stop but I had too. Vampire blood, was almost literally the best thing I've ever had.
I closed my eyes letting the feeling stay with me as long as possible, once I was done I sat up and sat with Matthew.
"Sorry about that." I said ashamed.
"It can be addicting if you let it, but you also need it."
"I know. So tell me, what happened on your date?" I'm a dweller, I'm not going to let this go. Only because it burns my soul to think about Ashley hanging with Matthew.
He grinned, seeing my hints of hatred towards Ashley. "Well, I took her to the same place as you. I sat her down and we talked about eachother. And when I say that, I literally mean we talked about her. She went on and on and on. Then once we was finished, she moved her chair close to me and hugged on me." I could see his uncomfortable look as he remembered the event. I nodded, laughing at almost everything he said. "So it was terrible."
"Oh completely. The worst thing about it was when she decided to bring you up." He hesitated.
"What do you mean?"
"Well, she told me about your 'past'."
"And what would that be."
"About how you were once a whore and gave me so many stories about it. Oh and about your eating disorder and how it made you look disgusting. Honestly, hearing those words, they made me want to rip that girl to shreds."
I looked at him, wanting to explain myself. To tell him it wasn't true, but how could I? I'm just shocked, that she would even talk about my eating disorder like that.
"I know it isn't true Annabeth. Well most of it." He said looking away.
"I know, I just hate talking about it."
"I know you do. We do extensive background research on everyone before they enter into this competition. So things like that aren't true. Plus the last 2 weeks that's all we've seen on the feeds. Her dragging you down all the time. It honestly makes the viewers hate her."
I looked at him and narrowed my eyes, "Really?"
"Yeah" he smiled.
"So you hated hearing that?"
"Yeah, I left shortly after that. I just, don't like it, when its about you." My heart thudded a little.
"Same." I said nodding. "I don't know much about you, I haven't done extensive research. But I don't like to hear bad things.." I stumbled. He looked at me and his eyes glistened. He leaned closer to me and smiled, "Good." Before we could have a second thought our lips met. Electric pulsed through me, causing me to shiver under his touch.
I think I'm falling for real and I couldn't help it. My heart thudded as we kept kissing and moving.
Matthew pulled away and I caught my breath, forgetting how to breath again. I backed away from him and looked up at his state. He was in the same place of mind and thoughts as I was.
I began to feel a little weak again. "Are you okay?" Matthew said getting a little worried.
"Yeah, I just need to lay down." He nodded and helped me.
To my surprise, he didn't leave! He crawled right beside me and gazed at me. "So what's your favorite thing to do?" I asked curiously.
"Honestly, I love to travel. I want to spend time learning about other people and enjoying life."
"That sounds amazing. I've always wanted to explore. I think my most wanted was Japan."
"Then you got attacked?"
"Well, honestly that wasn't really exploring, it was shopping."
"Yeah, but could you imagine all you girls running around in Japan?" Matthew giggled and I followed along. "Your right."
"How about when this is over, we go to Japan? It is quite beautiful and fun."
I looked up at him and smiled, "Deal." The day of exhaustion had caught up to me, Matthew began to talk about his travels and the crazy things he had seen. I listened, while slowly drifting away with good dreams to follow. Good dreams for once.