Four

Darkness clouded every corner. I felt like I had to squint to see the reality going on all around me. "YOU DID THIS! YOU, YOU MONSTER!!!" A ladies voice screamed in the background. I looked down at my hands and saw blood dripping off of them. They felt slippery and my throat ached.
"Annabeth" someone leaned forward and whispered in my ear. "You were meant for this, this is your destiny. It's time for a change."
"What are you talking about?"
"You will soon find out darling. You are the one. We already know."
I thrashed my head trying to see who was talking to me. "Please tell me?"
"Darling this was your destiny."
"What was? Murder!?"
"No. To change the humans. You have been a princess all along."
"AHHHHHHHH!" A scream screeched out tearing me from my dream.
What was that? I put my hand to my sweaty and pounding head. I don't feel so good. "Hazel?" I croaked out. She rushed by my side. "Yes Ms?"
"I don't feel so well."
"Well you haven't ate all day? Would you like food?"
"No." I got up and walked towards the door. "Ma'am?"
My brain felt hazy and I didn't feel okay. My cold sweats struck me for seconds at a time. I need to go. My brain felt so hazy. I need out of here.
I began to sprint down the hall and out a side door. I came to a balcony and leaned over. I just need fresh air. I felt so sick, so hazy. I kept leaning over as far as I could reach. My sweaty hands began to slip...
"Whoa!" A man grabbed my waist pulling me back to the ground. Shock ran through me as I came back to reality. I put my hand to head and looked up at him. He was tall and had dark red eyes. He also had dark black hair and a chiseled face.
"Are you okay?"
"Yes! I'm so sorry. I just needed fresh air." I said waving my hand in front of my face. I didn't want someone to think I was trying to kill myself, because I wasn't.
"It's okay."
"Thank you, for.. uh for helping me." I said quickly.
"It's no problem. Do you need help back to your room?"
I looked around not even noticing where I was. I looked back at him and shrugged, "I better have some help."
He nodded and smiled. I followed him back to my room and he stood there, "Be safe." He winked at me.
I felt frozen and a shiver went up through my spine. Wow he was so... so handsome.
"There you are!" Adam yelled making me jump from my steady position. "What are you thinking! You could if died! Are you trying to die!?"
"N-no! I just needed fresh air!"
"Says the one that tried to lean to her death over a balcony." Said another girl.
Seriously how did they know about this already?
Adam shook his head, "let's get ready." I looked around and saw the girls glaring back at me, some looked like they pitied me. The sucide girl apparently. I saw Ashley whispering to another, "Serioudly didn't know she was a freak like that." I quickly turned and ran into the door slamming it behind me. Damn it! I didn't want this, I mean we will all die eventually, but I don't want to look like a depressed girl with sucidal tendacies. If I have any hope of winning, it has probably jumped off of that balcony.
I sat at the vanity letting the hair dressing team prepare my hair due. A braid, then they put me in my dress.
I turned and saw myself, I was pretty. Even with the events of the day I had to stay hopeful. I had to survive through this. I don't want to die. That's the honest truth. If I have to do whatever I can, I will. Death scares me, but now everyone looks at me with sorrowful eyes thinking I want death at my doorstep.
I sighed and sat down in the chair. Hazel was cleaning up my room and humming to herself. "Hazel?"
"Yes?" She turned and smiled at me.
"Do you believe I intentionally tried to jump off of the balcony?"
"I mean.. you did run. And looked scared and.." she trailed off.
"But I would never try to kill myself, I simply just needed fresh air. I had a crazy dream and it... it just... scared me." I turned away from her pitiful gaze and let a couple tears slip down my cheek. "Ms. Please don't ruin your makeup! Please don't listen to these people. That's the thing about royalty. This life you will go through these types of rumors and test for the rest of your life." She widened her eyes as if she said something wrong.
It hit me then, this is a test. Every little detail. The way I act about things, the competition isn't just for the prince to necessarily choose someone, but to make sure he chooses someone who can handle this.
I nodded, they're always watching. If this is life or death. Then I will make a show of it. "Your right. Let them think what they want. I will be the show stopper tonight and change their minds." She glistened at me.
"Bring Adam back in here."