Eleven

It had taken 2 weeks for my injuries to heal. In that time Matthew and I had spent every moment in his room, balcony, kitchenette and even in the living room. Talking and getting to know eachother. Well, I won't lie, there was a little bit of making out too.
I enjoyed these two weeks, not having to worry about the competing on, but just getting to know Matthew even more.
Nevertheless, our time had been cut. It was time for everyone to move to the castle and it was time for me to enter back into the competition. To also enjoy and get to know the remaining girls. I was honestly nervous to see who was left.
I didn't even get to return back to my room, Hazel led me to car that would take us to the castle.
"What about my clothes?" I asked trying to protest the idea. "You'll be fine!" Hazel smiled.
She could tell that I looked happier, that I had more life in my eyes. Honestly, I could feel it too. It was an amazing feeling.
We sat all huddled up in the limo. I looked around and saw Ashley, Lexi, and a couple of other girls. Honestly I couldn't remember their names. They all seemed like a distant memory too me. Especially with the wonderful 2 weeks that I've had. "Well look at the damsel in distress." Ashley said beginning to giggle with some other girls.
I narrowed my eyes at her, but turned my head the other way. I wasn't in the mood.
Lexi didn't say anything either, she kept to herself. She was an amazing friend to have next to you, but not one to stick up for you.
All I knew is that it would a long 2 hr ride from here.

The ride dragged on as the girls chatted about the competiton and who would win. I didn't want to think about any of that, because it scared me. You can never be too certain.
As we pulled up, all of us gathered by the windows of the car.
The castle was astonishing. Huge was too small of a word for this place. Every royal or someone who is anybody stays in court here, especially around the season. But this season was special, because it involved us.
All that could, gathered at the front gate waiting to meet us. Nerves pricked me over and over as I saw how many there were. We have to impress these people.
Adam slid into the seat next to us and clapped his hands, "Ladies, here at the castle we need to show the people why you should be a queen and that you'll make a good fit as a queen. Those people out there are your fans and your subjects. So let's act the right way, make an appearance and smile! This is being graded!" Adam smiled and we all looked nervously at eachother. This right here was real. 
One by one each one stepped out of the vehicle and made their way up the path. All the girls wore the same dress that they rode here in and I suddenly I noticed that my hair had looked a mess. I quickly began pinning my hair up. Perfect, I think.
It was my turn and I stepped out. Everyone's eyes were on me. They hadn't seen me since the accident! So this really was a special appearance for me. I heard girls screaming as I made my way closer.
"Annabeth!" A little girl ran up to me. I turned and smiled at her. "Please sign!"
I took the notepad and paper and quickly signed it, "Here you go. May I have your name?"
"It's Lilly." She smiled, she quickly turned back and ran to her mother.
I turned back to my path and people began flashing photos of me and I smiled. "How are you feeling?" A reporter stuck a microphone in my face.
"Really well, thank you for asking." I smiled at the camera. She seemed satisfied with my answer. I quickly was pulled to follow the rest of the path so the other girls could come out.
As I made my way to the foyer, where no cameras or people were I sighed.
"What commotion. It must feel awful knowing they only like you because they feel sorry for you?" Ashley smiled feeling satisfied with herself.
"Actually they like me because I'm genuine and I give my all when I am put in front of them."
Ashley huffed and rolled her eyes, three other girls followed her suit.
What a bitch. She's not even competiton if she tried.
We waited for all the girls to make their way to the foyer and waited. Adam followed the last one in and smiled. "That was really well girls! I'm sure you guys are all tired. We shall show you guys your room and you can have dinner in there. Tomorrow we will start lessons."
We all nodded and followed Adam to our rooms.
Once again we were all put into a room to ourselves, but our rooms weren't right next to eachother this time. We were separated.
Adam showed my room to me and winked.
I walked in and I was in awe. A shandlier with a fancy design hung on the cieling. Their was the same closet, but everything was colored in a light blue/white color. The bathroom matched with a claw foot tub, that transfers into a shower.
I walked to the windows, to my surprise it was a balcony. I walked out feeling the wind hit my cheeks and hearing the birds chirp all around me. The balcony hovered over a garden that held all types of flowers. This was it, this is my favorite place.
I walked back in after a little bit and noticed a note on my bed. I ran over to it, expecting it to be Adam giving us advice about the next competiton,
Sweet, sweet Annabeth,
I wanted to let you know that I chose this room for you. I know you are a lot like me and love to see the beauty in things. So I chose the prettiest view of the castle. Let's meet in the garden tonight? When everyone is asleep.
Prince Matthew
My heart fluttered as I read that over and over.
In the back of my mind caution rose wondering if he treated all the other girls like this? Or was I the only one. Does his heart flutter with me?
I sighed and smiled. A knocked on the door caused me to scurry and throw the letter under my pillow.
"Annabeth?" Adam walked in and smiled.
"Hey!" I smiled back.
"So this is what you would consider as round 2, you were great in the first round, but this round you have to be better. Tomorrow is the welcoming ball and the audience hasn't seen you since the accident. So we need to make a BAM!" I jumped a little as he said that as loudly as he could.
"I agree, but how?"
He smiled slyly and handed me the tablet. Instead of my normal selection of clothing, it was filled with dresses that were more sexy. Something to grab everyone's attention. Not my style or technique, but it he thinks it will work. Adam hasn't been wrong so far.
The one I liked the most was black dress, with beading around the waist. At the bottom of it a dark red color faded into the black.
"This one" I said. He looked at it and smiled, "I hoped you would chose this one."
I smiled, i took one last look at it. The dress had a long slit that ran up the leg and I would be wearing stilettos, red ones. My hair would be styled in a fancy bun.
Wow, my only wonder is if the other girls will look this good or will it just be me?
Adam began going through my wardrobe and humming to himself, "Adam?"
"Yes?"
"What's the plan?" He looked at me and smiled.
"Luckily we can discuss this without worry of cameras."
"Huh?" I asked confused.
"Here in the castle, they didn't put cameras everywhere. Just in common areas. You have privacy, like a royal. Plus there is a lot less of you for the prince to get to know, so he doesn't have to watch footage as much."
"I see, so we can talk?"
"Yes." He said rubbing his chin.
"What are the rebels doing? Had anything changed?"
He sighed and leaned against the wall, "the rebels love you. At the moment they are leaning on you to be chosen. If that doesn't happen they will have a backlash."
My mind started to swirl with thoughts, thoughts that weren't good. "You said that the prince wants to side with the rebels?"
"Yes?" He asked puzzled.
"Is he only getting close to me because of that?" Adams eyes widened that the thought of that.
"W-well, I-I'm not sure." He stumbled.
"I can understand him wanting to save his country and what not, but at the same don't make me feel used."
"Annabeth, I know it hurts cause I can see the way your eyes glisten when he is brought up, but you have to remember what is at stake here."
What is at stake? I sighed and bowed my head knowing Adam is right. But maybe he sees more than that in me?