Fourteen

A knock took our attention away from our deep conversation. Liz was easy to talk to and open up to. Even though her announcement of friendship was a ploy to get Matthew on our side, I still felt that it was true. She was the only girl that I felt easily attached too. It was like we were connected, like we were sisters or something.
"Ready?" Matthew asked.
We both looked at eachother and got up.
We quickly and quietly made our way to the garden area.
As I entered into the door I looked around to see if this room was still as beautiful at night. Too my surprise it was even more beautiful.
I looked around and seen the fireflys flutter around and heard the crickets chirping as loudly as they could.
"So Matthew tell us what your 'plan' is?" Liz interrupted my viewing and I looked at Matthew.
"Well, Liz you know how I feel. You know I want what is best for our world. And I think that what is best is to turn everyone. We can all live in union."
"Okay then why are you hooking up with ashley?" she asked.
"Because there are people who are threatening the crown if I don't look at all my options. I want this to seem last minute. I want to make a spectacle out of Ashley. I want to turn people toward us and on our side. There are a lot of strong enemies and if we can change their minds a little, it will make it so much easier."
"I can understand that, but how will you make a spectacle out of Ashley." I interrupted.
"Yeah? How? She would literally have to admit or side with the rebels for the enemies to hate her and what she stands for." Said Liz
"Exactly, I have to make it seem like she hates the vampire race."
"Honestly, that's not a hard task at all. She wants to be a queen, use that against her." I suggested.
Matthew looked at me and smiled, "Yes. That's a good idea."
"How about I buddy up to her, let her worrying heart know that if she wants to become queen she needs to come to the side we are on and tell her she has to visibly show that she hates vampires, so the rebels will like her." suggested Liz.
"Yes! That's a good idea. Matthew you need to separate yourself from her. Don't talk to her and give her a cold shoulder."
"I can do that. And once she does that, the enemies will move their opinions and hopefully we are free to do the right thing."
"I really hope this works."
"Same."
Matthews eyes met mine and he looked me over. Studying me and my reaction.
"Liz can you give us some time alone?" He finally asked.
"Of course, toodaloe. I will see you in secret Anna." She said waving as she bounced away.
Once the sound the of the door shutting echoed Matthew stepped forward.
"So.. what will we do if this doesn't work?" I pondered my worries on him.
"Don't stress it. I promise that I will protect you."
"You guys act as if you don't have control over this situation. When you have complete control."
Matthew chuckled at my ignorance. "I guess I should thank you, but honestly Anna we don't have complete control. At any time we could be at an all out war, that could kill everyone. Blood will run through the streets and when that happens we aren't supposed to protect you girls. We have to run, but I will protect you."
I felt nerves prickling at the thought of that. I was scared. Scared for the other girls. Did they even know this was going on?
"That's why we have to do what we can. If we could convince everyone this is the better route, then maybe the rest of the girls can survive this."
The hope that prickled between his eyes made life come back to me. I see it, all Matthew wanted was to help the world, help his people, help his family, and us.
"I think you are going to make a great king." I stuttered out. He looked at me and smiled, "I'm trying atleast."
"Well you are doing better than anyone else I've seen."
He quickly caressed my cheek. I looked up and his eyes scanned over me, suddenly his lips touched mine. This time and this time only I wanted to see where this went. I didn't want to stop. I... I... loved him... and I wanted to show him that.
Our lips kept moving and moving as we connected even more. His breath caught up with him and I could feel his muscles tensing up as he leaned in closer to me.
I pulled at his tight shirt across his body and he followed suit with mine. He kissed me down my neck and stopped. "I can't Anna."
"Please." I whimpered.
"I can't to you."
"Yes, I want this. It's my choice." I kissed him again and he tensed up. Trying to push me away, but soon he gave in. I slowly unbuttoned his pants, he pulled away once again and I whimpered. He quickly pulled me into an area that was well hidden and laid down his shirt. Then he quickly picked me up and laid me down along with it.
He continued kissing me and when we both felt ready he stuck his hard member in.
Sparks lit up all around me and all I could do was moan. I didn't care who heard. I didn't care about anything else, but this moment.
My world had black and white surrounding it, but in this moment that it was Vivid and full of color.
Matthew kept thrusting and I began to feel something explode in my body. I felt powerful but weak all at once.
Suddenly I noticed him slumped over me, "Matthew..." I whispered.
He looked up at me and smiled and kissed me. "Anna, your an amazing woman."
I stroked his head and gave him a kiss.
He quickly rose up and pulled his pants up. He then picked me up and helped me into mine.
"I wish I could take you to your room without anyone noticing." He said
"I'll be okay, just promise me that we can meet again, by ourselves."
"I promise, just be careful, we have to make us look distant for as long as possible."
I nodded and hugged him.
"Matthew, I think I'm falling for you."
I felt my cheeks become hot. He looked down at me and smiled, "Anna, I already love you and I've always loved you. From the moment I seen you. I saw that attitude and sternness you had. Your wits and that smile. How could someone not love you?"
My heart fluttered as I heard those words. For once in my life all my problems melted away and all I could feel and see was Matthew. I looked in his dark red eyes and gave him a slow kiss.
"I have to go now." I pulled away. I quickly made my way out and wandered through the halls.
When I finally got to my room I collapsed.
I rolled over and looked at the clock, 3am.
Then everything went dark.