Two

"Ashley!" I ran over to her. Almosting wanting to burst out in tears. Not of joy, but of sadness. At the end of this one of us will die, or both us will. My heart is breaking at our fate.
She smiled at me and hugged me. "Hello Anna."
"This breaks my heart." I said softly.
"Why? We both get this amazing opportunity." I backed away and looked at her. "Ashley, but.."
She shook her head, "it will be fine Anna!" She said grabbing my hand. "You will live! Cause when I become queen I will demand it."
"So you expect to win?"
She narrowed her eyes at those words. She turned to the red haired girl and snubbed at her. "I wouldn't expect someone like you to."
She said sneering at her. The red hair girl looked at Ashley and narrowed her eyes.
Ashley had brown hair, freckles and black eyes. She was tallish and had a thin body. Honestly she could be a model.
I, on the other hand am short and slim. And more on the small famed body type.
The girl with the red hair then looked me up and down. She opened her mouth, but then I smiled and put my hand up. "I'm not in this." I then turned and walked away. I'm not into drama. That's not my thing. "Ladies!" I heard Adam holler over the girls as they began screaming at eachother, threatening to take their earrings off. "You do realize that the prince and the royal family watches your every move! Including right now! And this will be on TV as well." Everyone stopped and gasped as they looked at Adam. My eyes became wide as I remembered that we were going to be on TV. I felt a knot tie up in my stomach as silence fell amoung us.
"I guess now is the best time to inform you of the rules, regulations, and gradings. I will have our other competition counselor explain this, Ms. Beth."
A lady cleared her throat as all of our gazes reached hers. She was a tall woman with a stern look on her face. She pushed her glasses back up on to her long nose. Her skirt and blouse spoke librarian, but her face spoke principal.
"Royalty grades you on several things.
The way you dress, how you participate in classes, how you do in competitions, balls, the way you act around others, and most importantly how much you and the prince act together. We also take into account how the public accepts and likes you. As they help determine the greatness of the rule of royalty."
"The rules that could get you kicked out are as followed. No fighting, no cussing in public, no sexual conduct, and most importantly no revolutionizing. You can make friends, but let's remember this is a competition. You must compete for yourself, not your friends. You will survive, not them."
We all looked at eachother as she said those words. It hurt to hear them out loud.
"Now we have assigned rooms for each and every one of you. You all will be separated because we do not condone grouping. Like we said, we need individuality. You all were picked for a reason. It could be the way you looked, for some it could be your personality when you submitted your videos. For some it could be something a little more special" she said glancing at the girls, as her eyes landed on me. She stared at me for a little bit too long then continued; "Let's have a good time and remember no fighting, but let compete!" She said sternly.
Everyone dispersed. I could see several men and women going through the crowd and then another clearing of the throat caught everyone's attention. It was Adam, "Okay ladies, when you all got out of cars today you was greeted by an individual who was the person who chose you and will be designing your clothes. There are 5 of us choosers all together. I'm Adam, Beth who you just met, Layla, Ben, and Ode. Our teams are color coded: Red for me, black for Beth, Blue for Layla, Pink for Ben and Green for Ode. These colors will be worn someway in your outfit at any competition and class.
Now I want those of you who was greeted by one of us to get into your groups. The castle is split up into wings. Each wing will hold one of our groups. And everyone let's realize that this is not the royal castle. There is far too many of you to hold in the castle. Get comfortable because when we get down to 25 we will move to the castle. That means right now we will compete in our groups until there is 5 left in each group. So you have time."
We all dispersed in our groups as he clapped. There was 20 of us in each group. Ashley was luckily in the same group as me. I had my eye on her and she came over and I smiled at her. She smiled back and then we both pretended we wasn't that great of friends.
Once everyone was divided we made our way to our wings to get accustomed to our rooms.
We entered into a huge living room, with a kitchenette and dining room off the side. Adam stopped and looked at all of us, "Ladies, each week we will be evicting one person from our group. That could change depending on the King and his rules. Right now our first competition is to prepare for an interview. We want to get to know the ladies who will be possibly ruling this world someday. So you will be asked questions and interviewed by someone special. This will happen at the end of the week." I felt another knot in my stomach. I didn't like doing this at all and the thought of an interview to decide if I am important enough.
"Your rooms will have your names on the doors. Remember at the end of the week you will be scored and lowest score out of 10 will get eliminated! Now go off and relax, enjoy yourselves."
We all looked at eachother and quickly made it down the hall with 20 doors to find our names. Luckily we discovered each room went alphabetical order. My name was first along with Ashley's so we had rooms right across from eachother. We both looked at eachother as the girls left and she stood beside me. "I'm nervous about all of this."
I finally told her.
"Same, but we will do good. Try not to stress about it. I have a feeling that my score will be a little low this week because of my fight. I hope it doesn't evict me." She said looking off with fear in her eyes.
I guess now that her life could possibly be threatened she understood the fear of this competition. Maybe she can understand why I despised it so much?
I turned and decided to have a peak inside my room. As I opened the door I noticed it was a huge room. A queen size bed set against the wall. It had a red lace canopy and a shandlier that hung over it. Next to it was a little night stand with a lamp. Across the room was a small vanity and a door which I assumed held the closet. I walked over to it and opened the door. It held and IPad that had a section for each piece of apparel. I clicked on a random dress and the closet zoomed and turned quickly bringing out the dress. "Wow!" I smiled. "This is amazing!" I said to myself. I appreciated the technology.
I backed away closing the closet door and walking to the bathroom door. A claw foot tub sat in the corner and then a waterfall shower sat next to it. On the other side of the wall there was the sink and toliet.
Now I really felt like a queen. I guess this was the goal, to give us all a taste of the possibilities. I'm not going to lie, I kinda liked it.
Yes I was rich, but not this rich. I looked up at myself in the mirror and I looked frazzled. As if I had been through some real stuff, which in my defense wasn't a lie.
I grabbed the silver handled brush and brushed out my hair. There was still some daylight left in the day, but honestly I was exhausted.
I quickly went to the closet and picked out a pair of silk pajamas and crawled into bed.
I was so exhausted a thought didn't go through my mind, before everything went dark.