19. Edge

Ally's POV

"I really want to know why its taking us so damn long to finish this essay on a stupid quiche." Lauren mumbles while typing something on her laptop.

"Hm, might have something to do with the fact that every time you come over now, you're basically in Camila's dorm and NOT in here helping me." I chuckle. She looks up at me, cheeks flushed and a apologetic smile.

"Sorry AllyCat." She quietly apologizes. I wave her off and smile. "Really, no need to apologize, we're almost done, here...last sentence." I say grabbing a paper and reading what we have so far. "...in conclusion the quiche is one popular dessert and appetizer used for casual enjoyment." I shrug. "I know that sucks and all but I'm so done with this project to the point where I will literally take a B- right now." I lay back on the headboard of my bed in exhaustion.

"I'm with ya there." She laughs. "So whatcha doing tonight Al?" She asks laying down by my feet. I shrug in response. "I dunno. I might go to that little fountain thingy with Troy." I look up to the ceiling. I hear her scoff in response and move down below me. "What?" I chuckle. "Are you not dragging Camila there?" I ask hitting her with a pillow.

"Um, OW." She throws it back. "And no actually, she's going...but she's going with Austin." I hear her mutter. I sit up and get a better look at her to see if I heard right. "Um, Austin? Why is she going anywhere with him?" I ask shocked. "He asked her a while back to go with him...she didn't wanna go back on her 'word'." She says putting emphasis on 'word'. "So you guys are hanging out after?" I say, just knowing that Lauren would be there to drag Camila away the second it was over. I see her shake her head though.

"Nope." She says popping the 'p' "He's taking her to a movie." She says nonchalantly. I squint and shake my head. "And...you're okay with this? I mean I know you two haven't really made if "official" official....but why is she hanging with Austin tonight?" I ask.

"Of course I'm not with it. I'm not gonna stop her though. She gave him her word and she's not backing down on it, which I kinda admire. Though I'll be checking on her ALL night." She says with a daring look. "Well what are you going to be doing this whole time? Sitting in your dorm? That's crazy." She stands up and starts to pack up, grabbing her papers and stuffing them in her bag.

"No, no. I'm going to an open mic night down at Lenny's." She simply shrugs. "You seem really cool about all of this." I say slowly. She looks up with a small smile that soon fades as she looks down to the groun and picks up her bag. "Well, we just got back to talking again over some pointless fight, besides, she's not all too giddy about me going to Lenny's tonight either so, I guess we're kind of just letting each other have some...free time? I'm not really sure what it is to be honest. All I know is, I'm letting her make her own decisions, and she's doing the same with me." She throws her bag over her shoulder and picks up her phone before waving and heading towards my door.

"Aren't you gonna go see Mila?" I point to the door connecting our two dorm rooms. "I know I basically begged her to leave us alone for a while so we could finally get this done but, I was kinda expecting you to dart over there after we were finished." I chuckle. She turns back and shrugs a bit. "I'll see her later, she's gotta get ready for the fountain thingy or whatever." She grimaces. "Laur, its only 3..." I start. "I know, but I just, I also gotta get ready for the open mic night, ya know? I need to fgure out what I'm performing, so-yeah." She gives a fake smile before heading out and closing the door behind her quietly.

Camila's POV

"So yeah, it's all stupid, as much as I would love to spend tonight with Lauren, he aske so nicely you know? Its only right." I explain. "Yeah, but don't you--"  Dinah's voice was quickly cut off by my phone buzzing on my nightstand by my bed. I walk over swiftly and check the message.