29. Together Pt. 1

Lauren's POV

The car ride back was an uncomfortable amount of quietness. Camila hasn't really spoken since those two idiots left us at the Waffle House. I've tried to comfort her as much as possible, along with the other girls, but she's just so shaken up by their sudden appearance.

Dinah sat in the back rubbing Camila's shoulder as Ally plays with her hair from her new position in the middle of Normani and Dinah. I look over for about the fiftieth time in the last five minutes to see that she's still staring out of the window. I look in my rearview mirror at the other girls who are giving me sad glances.

Those stupid fucking douches couldn't just leave Camila alone. They had some nerve approaching her while she was with four other people. That just makes me think about how they used to treat her when she was alone. It kills me knowing that she was bullied by them, and it also kills me to think that Keaton is related to that asshole. Nonetheless, if he used to roll with those guys and bully Camila, I can finally see why she was so against me talking to and being so friendly with Keaton. I admit he definitely has changed if what I saw back there was any example of how he used to be.

I finally pull up in front of the girls' dorm building as they silently start to pile out of my car.

"I'll see you guys later." I say with a soft smile and a wave. They all give me a warm smile and goodbye as they pile out of my car. I grab Camila's hand as she opens the door, and she turns around giving me a confused look. "Not you. You're coming with me." I tell her. "Lauren, I'm really not in the-" "Guys, it's okay if I steal Camila for a bit right?" I ask the rest of the girls who have successfully made their way out of the car. "Of course!" "More than okay." "No problemo Laur." They say with smiles. "Great, I'll get her back before the street lights come on." I joke with a wink. They laugh as I drive off with Camila giving me a pointed look.

"Where are we going?" She says dryly. "It's a surprise. Now I suggest you cheer up, so you can enjoy it." I smile at her, while pulling off of campus. She crosses her arms and sits back forcefully in her seat. "Look, I hope you're not doing this just to cheer me up, I don't need cheering up." She says stubbornly. "Good, because that's not why I'm doing this...but since you do indeed need cheering up, I guess it'll help with that too." I lightly chuckle. "So you just planned to kidnap me today?" She says with a raised eyebrow. I nod. "That was the plan."

I turn on the radio and I send a text out as we pull up to a stoplight. I smirk to myself as I place my phone down in the cup holder and turn the volume up a little bit.

"I love this song." I say bobbing my head and tapping the wheel. I look over to her to see her narrow her eyes at my comment. "Um...its on commercials Lauren. I mean I guess it's a great tune for bad credit. If you have bad credit problems..." She points to my radio.

"Oh, yeah. I know I don't. But I uh...I bet the next song is gonna be amazing though." I say slightly embarrassed. "Uh...sure, maybe it'll be a McDonalds commercial." She says sarcastically as she turns back to looking out the window.

"Alrighty y'all I just got word from my girl Lauren Jauregui that its time to stop these silly commercials, cause she got a special something for her girl..."

Camila snaps her head back in the direction of the radio and raises and eyebrow as if trying to see if she heard that correctly.

"Did they just say your name?" She asks shocked.

"I have no clue what you're talking about." I say with a side smirk, not looking in her direction.

"So CAMEEEEELA, If you're out there girl...This is from ya girl LoLo...to you sweetheart! Enjoy." The radio announcer yells.

"Um...Lauren, what-" she stops when she suddenly hears my voice singing throughout my car.

"You lift my heart up when the rest of me is down

You enchant me, even when you're not around

If there are boundaries, I will try to knock them down

I'm latching on babe, now I know what I have found."

She slowly turns to meet my gaze as I look at her and smile shyly. She shakes her head and grins. "You didn't..." I nod a giggle a bit. "Oh, but I did."

I continue to drive for a few more minutes, while the remainder of the song plays out. As I pull up next to a lake, secluded from the city, it finally finishes up.

"Now I got you in my space
I won't let go of you (never)
Got you shackled in my embrace
I'm latching on to you (never)

Latching on to you
I won't let go of you (never)
Latching on to you
I won't let go of you
(Never let go, I won't let go)

Camila, just to let you know. You're one lucky girl, and according to Lauren...this is not the only surprise of the day. Enjoy it! Alright so next..."

I turn off the radio as we're sitting in my car, parked beside the lake.

"Lauren, how'd you get one of your covers on that station..." She asks curiously while smiling at me.

"I might know a few people. Did you like it?" I ask nervously. She takes my hand and looks into my eyes. "I absolutely loved it...but why?" She asks scrunching up her nose adorably. "Because...of that." I point to her lips. "What? You want a kiss?" She chuckles. "Well I'd never say no to that but...I was talking about your smile. I would kill to see that beautiful smile. And I'd do everything humanely possible to see it." She looks down and I see her blush almost instantly at my words.

"Besides...that's the second best thing you can do with those lips." I smirk. She looks up and raises her eyebrows at me. "Oh really? ... Mind filling me in on the first best thing I could do with them?" She says with a sly smirk. "I'd be more than happy to." I grab her hand and pull her outta her seat and over to me, so that's she straddling me. She giggles in her new position and looks down at me. "You're a smooth one Jauregui." She smirks. "Trust me...I know." I whisper before pulling her down and connecting our lips. She puts her arms around my neck as she pulls me in closer. I let my hands rest gently on her hips as I smile into the kiss. She tugs on my bottom lip eliciting a low moan from me. I reluctantly pull away as she smirks down at me.

"Plus, I have a very important question to ask you later on, but come on, I wanna show you something." I grin as I open the door, and she climbs off of me and out of he car. I follow her out and grab her hand as I lead her closer to the lakeside. I sit down on the grass and I pull her down to sit in my lap. I hold her from behind as I stare at the lake.

"So...what are we doing here Lolo?" She asks placing her arms back around my neck. "Well I just wanted to take you out on a date. I've been planning this actually for about a few days now. And with what happened earlier, this seems like the perfect time to get you to relax and to show you just how beautiful you are." I say staring into her chocolate pools. She gives a soft smile and kisses my cheek. "You're amazing." She whispers. "There's way more to this day...this is only the beginning, ya know?" I say squeezing her tightly. "Well then...I guess you'll be superdupercalafragilisticexpiolodocious by the end of the day then huh?" She giggles.

"I sure hope so..." I say with a relieved sigh.