36. The Plan

Dinah's POV

"Ya know, if you're gonna sneak in, you should be a whole lot more quiet than that." I mumble.

I knew Camila had just walked in. She didn't even try to squeeze through the door, instead, flinging it wide open. The light from the hallway, hitting my eyes as I gained consciousness. I heard her rather loud footsteps approaching her bed. Her keys had jingled so loud I could've sworn Santa had come early this year. I hear her sigh heavily noted that she has indeed been busted.

"How do you know I was sneaking in? Maybe I was just taking a shower, a leisurely stroll." She suggests in a whisper.

"Why are you whispering, you've already been busted." I giggle. I reach over to my phone and click the lock button to check the time. "Besides, who takes a leisurely stroll at freakin 2:00 a.m.?" I question, putting my hand up in my hair, sighing heavily. "So..." I start.

"No no no, I already know what you're gonna say. I don't wanna talk about this right now Dinah." She whines. "I just want to sleep, I beg of you." She plops on her bed, beginning to take off her sneakers. I put my arms up in defense.

"Hey you don't have to say anything. I can already tell by the fact that you came back to the dorm, and you're subtle bitchy attitude that the sex wasn't that great." I smirk, trying to stifle a laugh. I was immediately interrupted in my chuckle by a pillow hitting my abdomen. "You're weak! Go to sleep Mila...but I'm so getting every detail out of you later." I say with a pointed finger, before turning over to face the wall and drifting back off into a peaceful sleep.

Lauren's POV

*10 a.m.*

"Okay no." Keaton laughs hysterically while grabbing my guitar out of my hands. "Here try this on for size." He says.

Me and Keaton have been up ever since he came over to tell Demi to alert me of the news of the manager of Lampton's wanting to have me as a regular at his restaurant. I've been getting his opinion on new songs I've been working on and which ones I should play for starting at Lampton's tomorrow night.

"That's great. Alright I definitely have to incorporate that into this funky jazz melody that I'm working on. Alright which one should I use for tomorrow night?" I ask. "Personally, that second song you played was amazing. What's it called?" He snaps his fingers in hopes to remember. "Oh that was Stay With Me. I actually wrote that for Camila, its a bit personal. It was an idea though. I wanna play something a bit more upbeat." I explain.

He nods understandingly and begins to think again. "Oh! That song you were humming a little while ago. It has some upbeat tune to it right?" He ask. I nod slowly. "I was just goofing around with that one, but yeah now that you mention it it's pretty cool. I guess I can try that one." He hands me back my guitar and I start to strum away on the strings, while he listens tentatively and nods his head with the melody.

Camila's POV

I haven't talked to Lauren since I left her dorm late last night. She spent way longer than 10 minutes talking to Keaton downstairs. In fact, I even tried waiting for her but when I had woken up to see it was almost 2 in the morning, I gave up. So I just got dressed and walked down to tell her I'd see her later.

I'm happy she got that gig for Lampton's, I really am. She's so beautifully talented and she deserves it. I'm just a bit jealous that it seems like she has a deeper connection to Keaton when it comes to music than I do. She could spend all day talking to him about music. It irritates me how he's the first thing she'll go to when it comes to that. I can't fully support her if she isn't sharing everything with me.

"So Mila, last night..." Dinah starts. I groan and lay back down onto my bed forcefully. "So I'm guessing it wasn't as good as you thought it'd be?" She snickers. I lift up to a sitting position to eye her sternly. "Oh it sure wasn't. It didn't even happen." I say through gritted teeth. "You're kidding right? What happened?" She almost yells. "Fucking Keaton Stromberg happened." I muttered.

She raises from her sitting position on her bed and stares down at me with an unbelievable expression. "That ass again? That's it, he needs a poly beat down. Let's go Chancho." She says grabbing my arm, attempting to pull me up. She looks back down when I don't budge. "Get up! We gotta go straighten this out, this guy even found away to steal away your sexy time with Lauren. That's a no-no." She yells. I sigh and pull her hand that was clasped around my arm down so that she's now sitting beside me.

"No, it wasn't intentional. Look he got a call from some place that wants Lauren to start performing there as a regular act. Demi barged in while we were almost-ya know...and told her the news and that Keaton was downstairs. She rushed out of there so fast Dinah I swear. It's like I was invisible for a moment. She said she'd be back in 10, but spent like the next couple hours down there blabbing with him. So I just came back." I shrug.

"That's crazy pero like...they seem like best friends or something." She says. I almost wince at the thought of Laure and Keaton being as close as best friends, but to be honest it did seem that way. I mean she just loves people, it's not really something she can control, and I told her I'd stop being so hard on Keaton taken that he hasn't been a complete ass since he popped back up into my life. I just can't stand that he has to be any part of my life because my girlfriend decided to befriend him.

"That's what it seems like...hey maybe I should try to do like Lauren does, and pour out my thoughts into some music?" I look to her. She shrugs and shakes her head. "Do whatever Chancho, you're the one with the mad music skills here." She jokes. "I'll need your help. I brought my piano actually, its stuffed away in our closet. I have an idea." I smirk. I walk over to the closet and retrieve my electrical keyboard.

"That's seriously been in there the whole time and I've never noticed it?" Dinah laughs. I nod vigorously. "So, she still performs at Lenny's on Fridays. I think on Monday nights she'll be at that Lampton's place." I start. Dinah nods, egging me to continue. "So I perform a song at Lenny's for her, right before her act Friday. Now sadly, I'll have to talk to Keaton to arrange this but it'll be worth it to show her that I'm definitely committed to her in every way she needs me." I explain. Dinah smiles while nodding her head. "Not bad at all. You're jealousy of her being so buddy buddy with Keaton triggers some mean smartitude up there Mila." She says pointing at my head. "You did not just say smartitude." I exhale disappointed.

She grabs the piano from my hands and lays it on her bed. "No time for the small talk! We've got 5 days to make a great song." She winks. I hug her tightly and sit beside her as we begin to brainstorm and play with the keys on my piano...

---------------------------------------------------
A/N: Yeah it's a pretty boring chapter, I'm sorry lol. And sorry for not updating yesterday.
Have you seen that little snippet for "Reflection"? I screamed so loud 😁😍 anyways Let's help support our girls with the Austin Mahone Tour. It starts tonight 😉 and uh yeah. That's it. Thanks for the views and comments still! -Jaz 💕